Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC vs Chase Freedom

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi DC vs Chase Freedom

@Yodah wrote:

Good Idea or No?....any possible AA I am missing?

AA is unlikely to be an issue for moving limits.  Whether it's good or not all depends on your spend and goals.  You don't have any use for the Freedom's 5% categories?

@Yodah wrote:

or when I need to carry over a balance. 

Though carrying a balance on a rewards card is generally a bad idea as interest will wipe out any rewards.

@kdm31091 wrote:
I never really understand why you'd bother to put a small charge on something just to keep it. If you don't want it get rid of it. 

While I agree with you it's a matter of personal preference.  Everyone does not have the same management style and each needs to decide based on the individuals preferences and priorities.

Message 11 of 12
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi DC vs Chase Freedom

@Yodah wrote:

I got approved for the Freedom card in early Nov, and the Citi DC in mid Dec..... 

Terms after the intro year:

@Anonymous 2000 SL @ 22.99%

@Anonymous DC    2500 SL @Anonymous.99%

@I also have a Chase CSP 5000 SL @ 15.99, I was thinking about moving my entire freedom CL and 20K pts over to my CSP and just close the Freedom. I am putting pretty heavy spend on my CSP to reach the rewards goal, and it will help with UTiL if or when I need to carry over a balance.

Good Idea or No?....any possible AA I am missing?

Thanks

I enjoy the Freedom card - well, actually the two I have since I used to have the Freedom MC so I'm grandfathered in. I absolutely use the 5% categories.

I'm not sure what to do about the non-bonus category spend now that I have a couple of other 1.5% cards.

If I had the Citi DC, the 1.5% cards would likely get SD'd.

I'm not so excited about the CSP, and trying to determine what to do with that card when the AF hits this upcoming month. I am looking into PC options.

Keeping the Freedom, with no annual fee, seems to have no harm, and mainly upside. If the CSP upped the overall rewards above 1%, that might change the dynamic.

I'd be using the Citi DC as much as possible, hoping that with continued use that Citi will offer a CLI.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.