Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

I do pay in full every month, Brutal, and sometimes more than once a month.  I have even tried figuring out when they actually report to the bureaus.  However, no matter what, high utilization is always reported.  I don't understand how you are confused. 

Because regardless of how much of a spend you put through a card, as long as you know when the creditor reports it's not difficult to avoid having a balance report or at least a not a significant one.  Gardener76 describes this above.  You say you've "tried figuring out" when they report to the bureaus.  Do you use monitoring software?  You can see the dates they report on there.  That date may fluctuate a day or two in either direction from month to month, but generally it's going to be the same. 

Message 21 of 46
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Have had the card for over 6 months now and run lots of dollars through it every month which doesn't help my utilization since they did not approve a very large amount.  Citi never gave me the automatic love that so mamy on these forums reported, so called them about a SP CLI.  Was initially told there would be no HP, but then the CSR advised that for some reason a HP would be required before a decision could be made.  He seemed as puzzled as I was.  Of course, I told him no HP that I would wait a few more months.  I pay in full every month, sometimes more than once a month, and have always paid a few days ahead of time.  My FICO scores are good.  Any guesses as to what is going on? Any advice?

I'm a little confused by a few things.  You said you run lots of dollars through your card which doesn't help your utilization but later say that you PIF every month.  Utilization is based on your reported balance at the end of every cycle.  That's it.  Utilization has nothing to do with the amount of dollars your run through a card, so I wasn't really sure what you meant. 

I do pay in full every month, Brutal, and sometimes more than once a month.  I have even tried figuring out when they actually report to the bureaus.  However, no matter what, high utilization is always reported.  I don't understand how you are confused. 

It doesn't matter when they report. It matters what they report, which is the statement balance. If your statement balance is zero, your utilization is zero.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

IncrsCreditScore I have been a cardholder of Citi since 2009 and they have never given me an auto CLI. They have given me several SP requested CLIs. Seems I have hit their internal limit and SP or HP yields nothing since 2014. CSR did mention the internal limit. Since you are in the early days I can't imagine that applying as yet.

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi, I believe, does not do auto CLI's, though someone may prove me wrong. Then again, I don't really put that much usage on my DC to justify an auto-CLI.
Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Citi, I believe, does not do auto CLI's, though someone may prove me wrong. Then again, I don't really put that much usage on my DC to justify an auto-CLI.

It sounds like Dinosaur above got a couple over the years, so maybe while not common perhaps they are possible.

Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IncrsCreditScore I have been a cardholder of Citi since 2009 and they have never given me an auto CLI. They have given me several SP requested CLIs. Seems I have hit their internal limit and SP or HP yields nothing since 2014. CSR did mention the internal limit. Since you are in the early days I can't imagine that applying as yet.

Dinosaur, question if you don't mind me asking.  What is your total exposure with Citi and across how many cards?

Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dinosaur, question if you don't mind me asking.  What is your total exposure with Citi and across how many cards?

It was three cards and $16,100 then I closed the Citi Forward Visa and combined the limit to another card ... so it is two cards now and $15,600. Also, I tried for a CLI on my DC (March 2017) and was turned down without an HP which I refused.

Message 27 of 46
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Jamaica.  I found it.

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Have had the card for over 6 months now and run lots of dollars through it every month which doesn't help my utilization since they did not approve a very large amount.  Citi never gave me the automatic love that so mamy on these forums reported, so called them about a SP CLI.  Was initially told there would be no HP, but then the CSR advised that for some reason a HP would be required before a decision could be made.  He seemed as puzzled as I was.  Of course, I told him no HP that I would wait a few more months.  I pay in full every month, sometimes more than once a month, and have always paid a few days ahead of time.  My FICO scores are good.  Any guesses as to what is going on? Any advice?

Basically the Citi DC card is tough for CLI's, but the basics are:

1. They don't give them out easily

2. Only very very rarely do they give out auto CLI's

3. The only way to get a soft pull is if the credlt limit increase section tells you no credit report will be pulled

4. If you get a CLI you should wait at least 6 months to try for another

Thanks, Jamaica.  I have never even seen a credit limit increase section on the screen.  Sure wish they would give me a nice CLI.  I did not realize the DC was that tough on giving out CLIs.  Now I know.

It's there, you just have to look for it:

Account Management > Services > Credit Line Increase

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was three cards and $16,100 then I closed the Citi Forward Visa and combined the limit to another card ... so it is two cards now and $15,600. Also, I tried for a CLI on my DC (March 2017) and was turned down without an HP which I refused.

Gotcha.  I've been considering adding the DC card to my lineup, but I keep hearing about low SLs as well as difficulty getting CLIs.  I don't want to get stuck with a low SL card that I can't grow that I wind up not using much as a result.

Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

While my DC card hasn't been a primary, I've gotten it from 1500 up to 4400. I had a thin file when I started and now things have been bulking up. There's people who complain that the credit companies aren't throwing gobs of credit at them not understanding the nature of different credit companies.

Use it and be responsible and you'll get your limits, but don't be upset when they don't throw 5 digits at you out the gate...
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.