Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Data Breach

tag
Lilalota
Valued Member

Citi Data Breach

So when I logged into my citicard account, it said "Unable to Process" in big red letters. Then I received an email saying there was a security breach and they already closed my account and a new replacement card will be sent out. Ok, I'm just wondering if this was happening to anyone else or did I use my card somewhere and fraud occurred specifically on my account?
Citi Forward: 8,100
CapitalOne VentureOne:18,250
Barclay Rewards: 8,000
Chase Freedom: 2,500 (-_-)
Discover IT:14,500
Newest addition: Citi Double Cash : 3,400
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Lilalota
Valued Member

Re: Citi Data Breach

Oops. I meant they closed that credit card account number
Message 2 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

My account logged on just fine with no mention of this. Someone probably just got your numbers.
Message 3 of 7
amakol
Regular Contributor

I'm currently logged into my Citi CC. I have no problems with any breaches bein reported anywhere. It must be your individual card.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 4 of 7
Lilalota
Valued Member

Thanks guys for your answers. If I find out anything useful about it, I'll post it here.
Message 5 of 7
nash2vic
Valued Member

Smiley Frustrated

I got the same e-mail. It says:

We sent you a replacement card(s) for your protection

We're contacting you because your account number was illegally obtained as a result of a data compromise and your account number ending in 6128 is at risk for unauthorized use. To minimize this risk, we've sent a replacement card(s) with a new account number.

You should have already received or will shortly receive your new card(s) in the mail. If you don't receive your card(s) by April 30, 2014, call us immediately and we will send a new replacement card(s). 

Activate your new card(s) immediately

Please activate your new card(s) as soon as you receive it by following the instructions on the sticker on your card.

Prepare for your new card(s) by:

• Destroying all cards with this account number.

• Notifying your authorized users that their card number will change.

• Updating any automatic payments with the new card number(s), such as subscriptions or monthly services.

• Providing your new card number to any bill pay services that make payments to your account.

Review your monthly credit card statements for unauthorized transactions. If you think any unauthorized transactions have been made, call us right away.

and 2 days ago I requested CLI and got approved, but now I cannot use this card  Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: EX FAKO 799 (Credit.com), TU FICO (Discover) 757 (4/19/14), TU MYFICO 738, EQ ?
Goal Score: 800

Amazon 3500 - PayPal Credit 6000 - Discover IT 9000 - AMEX TE 2000 - AMEX BCE 2000 - CITI TY 6000 - CITI Simplicity - 5900 - Chase Freedom 5800 - Chase Amazon 1700 - Macys 1000 - Cap 1 4000 - CITI Shell 1200 - Chase INK 2000 - CSP 10800 - BofA Cash 5000
Message 6 of 7
Lilalota
Valued Member

Smiley Sad that sucks, nash2vic. But I guess we will have more confidence with our new cards. I'm still trying to figure out where/how someone breached the security because I havent used that card for a while now. Dont know if it has anything to do with awhile back when citi began to reissue cards just for security purpose.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.