Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Decline Recon Number

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Citi Decline Recon Number

I was declined by citi and tried the general app status numbers. The supervisors on those lines were unable to help. I put some time into it, and eventually got this number from a high up agent:

605-331-1698 credit card presidential office

I hope this number is helpful to you. They are putting significantly more effort into helping me than any other department has.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Decline Recon Number

Did your application status change to Approved. Just got off the phone with them and they asked how I got the number... lol I said escalation case and consumer report website >.< they might change that number.

Message 2 of 13
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

might give this number a try. my application is still pending after a week and no word. all the numbers I tried so they couldnt do anything and I would just have 

to wait. 

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 3 of 13
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

might give this number a try. my application is still pending after a week and no word. all the numbers I tried so they couldnt do anything and I would just have 

to wait. 

Don't tell them you got it from here lol! >.< Modcut

Edite to remove CSR's name. 

Shogun, myFICO moderator

Message 4 of 13
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I wouldnt. But I just dunno if it is even worth calling at this point

Message 5 of 13
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

I wouldnt. But I just dunno if it is even worth calling at this point

Nothing ventured nothing gained.  Did you take the HP already?  If so what have you got to lose by calling?  

Might as well exercise all of your rights (or whatever this is called the we keep doing calling the backdoors)!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 13
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I honestly have no idea. Nothing has shown on my latest EQ scorewatch which was today .. my score actually went up 30 points .. and amex sent me a decline letter today saying my experian pull was 710 .. of course the cra amex chase use is the one i cant check 

Message 7 of 13
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Alright well I just called the number and spoke to a very nice lady. She said she still doesn't see a decision on my application but said she will look into it and call me back when she finds something. She did say that a decision can sometimes take up to 30 days which is insane. At this point I think I am declined but I would just like a stupid anwser already. It is crazy that a decision is taking so long. I dont even have the card yet and I am already regretting applying to Citi

Message 8 of 13
Rackham94
Established Contributor

UPDATE

Called the number for an update she said she needs some documentation to verify my address and verify income

I faxed and emailed pay stub and utility bill. Sorry to be so short using iPad now lol

Anyone know why they need to verify? Or experience in sending in documents and the reply
Message 9 of 13
Rackham94
Established Contributor

UPDATE

just got a call from EO at Citi!!!!!!!!!!

Approved for Citi Dividend 1600 cl

I had previously like 3 apps last year denied for limited history she said they approved one of those from recon

Very exciteddddd!!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.