Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Designs + EMV?

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Designs + EMV?

After seeing this thread, I ordered a replacement card with a "global chip," and the new card is exactly the same as the one I have now!

Do you think it is worth is follow up/order a new one?
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 21 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So assuming that neither card has the chip (was is very visible), yes, call and complain.   It obviously isn't something that they are doing very well at present.

Message 22 of 28
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I requested an EMV card through AskCiti on twitter earlier today.  I'll report back if they send me that unsightly green/black card Smiley Happy  The rep said she couldn't find any option to select a design, so it'll be my luck that I'm sent the green one.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 23 of 28
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Follow-up call was a no-go for getting a chip. They are expediting me a card with a "payment tag" for free though. From what I can gather, it is a sticker which functions with PayPass, which is nice, but not what I wanted...Might try the AskCiti route next.

EDIT: Sent a tweet to Citi and spoke on the phone with someone from their social media team. New card is on its way. Hopefully it will actually have the chip this time.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 24 of 28
CommonD

Well I finally got around to following my own advice and twitter @AskCiti for an EMV upgrade of my Citi ThankYou card. They called me back with an agent who actually knew about EMV and my upgraded card is on it's way.

Calling for customer service agents is so 20th century. They make you enter prompts and make you listen to bad elevator music and annoying messages only to repeat what you entered again to an agent outsourced to India.

Twitter is by far more easier and faster way to get through the right person these days. 

So if anyone is still using the "call the agent route," ditch it.

Twitter @AskCiti is definitely much faster, reliable and provides much better customer service. 

Message 25 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And my new Forward card did arrive today, and to my surprise after some posts here, it really does have a chip!  Not quite sure which bit was responsible for the success, as I secure emailed, called CSR, AND ordered a replacement card with chip from the web site.

Message 26 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Mine arrived with a chip today as well. Only used online replacement form.
Message 27 of 28
nyancat
Established Contributor

@leoment wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Check this out...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9DwuFxCcAAqhJD.jpg

It can be done

Thanks!  Do you know if the card in the back has the EMV chip in it too?  I don't want to go back to the green/black card haha

That's my picture so I can tell you with certainty that unfortunately, the card in the back is the one the EMV card replaced Smiley Sad Green/black card is only option for EMV. I now have a Visa Signature EMV tho Smiley Happy Still green/black.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.