Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond New BT after initial BT paid off

tag
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Citi Diamond New BT after initial BT paid off

I paid off my initial BT to Citi Diamond before the promotional APR expired, and was looking to do another BT. They had sent me an offer in the past for a 1.99% APR but I didn't bite, as I was paying off the original BT I made. Anyway, I called them and they told me there were no BT offers at this time so I couldn't do a BT Smiley Sad How often do they send out those offers? Are they not as inclined to give me a BT offer because I paid off the initial one before any interest was generated? Thanks.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond New BT after initial BT paid off

The idea that a card that offers an initial BT, followed by the real interest rate being a high amount, yeah, I think you are seeing that. My Citi DP has not had any other BT offers after the initial openning BT, but it is only a little over two years total I've had the card.

You don't list your other cards, balances and CL for perspective. Do you need a BT, or can you focus on paying down the high interest rate cards while you wait?

BT are a gift from the lender based on your prior payment history with them, the fact you have paid off balances before, and usually because the card has been dormant and they want to try to get you back. Pay down other high interest cards and it is possible you might get some BT offers from them.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 3
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond New BT after initial BT paid off

I don't have any other huge balances on other cards. I did book a trip on my Delta Amex that I will be paying off by January when my CD's term ends (was saving for this trip). I got a really good deal so I decided to go for it. That's why I was looking to BT for now. Anyway, I got a BT from my Discover card for 0% for 12 mos. Just to clarify, I could not make new purchases on my Discover card, even if I paid the purchase amount in full in order to avoid interest? Thanks.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.