Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score"

fogg30 wrote:
I got a Citi Diamond Preferred Card mailed inviation to apply in the mail last week and I really want to apply, however I don't want the "inquiry" on my credit report unless I get the card...........does anyone know what Credit Score is need to get an approval for this card???
Thank you for any advice! =)

fogg, I applied for the Diamond Preferred card from a pre-ap I received in the mail around March 1 or 2. They pulled TU on me with a FICO score of 662. The only thing in my file were a bunch of 30 day lates all over 1 year old, and a couple of thing in P.R. over 10 years old.

They approved me with a $7,500 opening cl. 0% interest on purchases for 90 days. It's a great card. I love it.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Established Contributor
johnpalley

does anyone know of a way to apply for citybank that would guarentee they would only pull equifax? my equifax is 672 and my transunion is 550. isnt that crazy? i want to apply only if i know they would only pull equifax.
Established Contributor
jbh

Citi seems to be regional, so it's not a sure thing. I would check a 'credit pull database' and search under your state (city).

That said, if EQ is strong, focus on credit unions. Alliant is said to be lenient. Search them and see what I mean.
Established Contributor
johnpalley

[ Edited ]
what is a credit pull database and where can i search it? just so you all know im in massachusetts. jbh, i heard credit unions ask for tax returns thats why i didnt want to apply there.

Message Edited by johnpalley on 09-04-2008 04:10 PM
Established Contributor
jbh

PM me and I can give you the link (or just type that in google. I do not want to type a url here and potentially violate a rule)

You'll get an idea of what that state pulls. It might vary from NYS (experian/TU heavy state)
Established Contributor
johnpalley

[ Edited ]
i just clicked on your name and theres no link for pm's. people post links on this forum all the time, i wouldnt worry about it. im pretty sure its not against the rules

Message Edited by johnpalley on 09-04-2008 05:42 PM
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Whenever you want to send someone a pm, click on their name, and when their page pops up, look over on the right near the top, and click "Send this user a private message." (It has an underline made of dashes, so to speak.)

Also, you can always click the envelope at the top right of your screen, click "send a new message", and type the other user's name in the "send to" box. Make sure that you spell it exactly right, although it's not case-sensitive.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
johnpalley

haulingthescoreup , thanks
New Visitor
Playtime5332

I am willing to bet that is something from the state or federal gov since they seem to report just to transunion. Try paying your stuff off. all 3 of mine are showing 765. I recently paid all my balances down to 0 but have never had any late things ever. Paid off a car recently and bought another as well. I still got the below message with 0 credit card balances. Only American Express platinum has statement balance for 18k which was due 9/8 but already paid. Kinda funny how amex offers black and citi says further review to get a card.

We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}