cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score" would get an approval on this card???)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score"

@fogg30 wrote:
I got a Citi Diamond Preferred Card mailed inviation to apply in the mail last week and I really want to apply, however I don't want the "inquiry" on my credit report unless I get the card...........does anyone know what Credit Score is need to get an approval for this card???
Thank you for any advice! =)

fogg, I applied for the Diamond Preferred card from a pre-ap I received in the mail around March 1 or 2. They pulled TU on me with a FICO score of 662. The only thing in my file were a bunch of 30 day lates all over 1 year old, and a couple of thing in P.R. over 10 years old.

They approved me with a $7,500 opening cl. 0% interest on purchases for 90 days. It's a great card. I love it.
Message 11 of 19
johnpalley
Established Contributor

does anyone know of a way to apply for citybank that would guarentee they would only pull equifax? my equifax is 672 and my transunion is 550. isnt that crazy? i want to apply only if i know they would only pull equifax.
Message 12 of 19
jbh
Established Contributor

Citi seems to be regional, so it's not a sure thing. I would check a 'credit pull database' and search under your state (city).

That said, if EQ is strong, focus on credit unions. Alliant is said to be lenient. Search them and see what I mean.
Message 13 of 19
johnpalley
Established Contributor

what is a credit pull database and where can i search it? just so you all know im in massachusetts. jbh, i heard credit unions ask for tax returns thats why i didnt want to apply there.

Message Edited by johnpalley on 09-04-2008 04:10 PM
Message 14 of 19
jbh
Established Contributor

PM me and I can give you the link (or just type that in google. I do not want to type a url here and potentially violate a rule)

You'll get an idea of what that state pulls. It might vary from NYS (experian/TU heavy state)
Message 15 of 19
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i just clicked on your name and theres no link for pm's. people post links on this forum all the time, i wouldnt worry about it. im pretty sure its not against the rules

Message Edited by johnpalley on 09-04-2008 05:42 PM
Message 16 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whenever you want to send someone a pm, click on their name, and when their page pops up, look over on the right near the top, and click "Send this user a private message." (It has an underline made of dashes, so to speak.)

Also, you can always click the envelope at the top right of your screen, click "send a new message", and type the other user's name in the "send to" box. Make sure that you spell it exactly right, although it's not case-sensitive.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 19
johnpalley
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup , thanks
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am willing to bet that is something from the state or federal gov since they seem to report just to transunion. Try paying your stuff off. all 3 of mine are showing 765. I recently paid all my balances down to 0 but have never had any late things ever. Paid off a car recently and bought another as well. I still got the below message with 0 credit card balances. Only American Express platinum has statement balance for 18k which was due 9/8 but already paid. Kinda funny how amex offers black and citi says further review to get a card.

We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.