Regular Contributor
fedxboy

Citi Diamond Preferred Mastercard

In August, I got one of those pre-selected applications in the mail and I pulled the trigger.  Unfortunately, I was declined.   A month later, I got another pre-selected app in the mail and thought -- **bleep**!~:smileymad:

The reasons they declined me were for 2 items listed:

Your credit report shows one or more accounts recently past due 

Your credit report shows insufficient credit lines.

The recently past due account was a charge off from 4/2004 and reaged to 11/2005 -- after being sold to another creditor.  It finally fell off Oct 3rd, leaving me with a clean slate of credit .   Also, I was quite surprised when they listed my credit score -- 0521 -- saying credit scores range from a low of 400 to a high of 999.  I knew it wasn't that low, but I wasn't interested in reconning, since Citi has always declined me, even for a student card.

Fast forward to last night, Citibank called again.  The first time they called, I didn't answer since I didn't recognize the number.  I looked up the # on the internet and found out it was Citibank, so when they called last night -- I made sure to pick it up.

I was quite surprised that they only verified it was me and acknowledged that I had applied for a Citi Diamond Pref MC back in August.  They informed me that they used the wrong credit criteria for my application and when they used the right information, they said I was approved and asked me if I still wanted the card?    I thought about it for a brief second and said ok, since my AAOA is slowly creeping downwards after opening too many cards this year.  I think my AAOA is 3.5 years now, instead of the 7-8 years it was before I started apping.   Oh hum, off to the garden I go -- I have enough good credit now and its time to age them all!!!  

Walmart FICO 764
Regular Contributor
fedxboy

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Mastercard

Is there a way to lengthen my AAOA, if I'm added to a friends credit card as an AU????    I will certainly find out, as I had a buddy put me on his BofA signature card that has a credit limit of $25,000.00 with no balance and a length of 10 years.

Just curious

Walmart FICO 764
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats

Established Contributor
migliogiorni

Congrats.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

wow thats great I love how they called you back when they realized they made the mistake. Congrats!

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Awesome! What was yout FICO at approval? And what limit did you get?! Im just curious as I plan to app for this card in the future :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

Awesome congrats!

Score: You = +1

Citi Haters = 0

Lol jk :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
ccnewcc

I wonder this tho, why the Citi Diamond?  Isn't this a card with No rewards?

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Lol I'm a Citi hater :-P but I want the Diamond card in the future lol only Citi card that looks pretty :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+