Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards

Hi all,

So I called BofA for a CLI today and was instantly moved from $700 to $1,500, good news for me!

Citi is a bit of a different story.  I'm still stuck with the college forward card.  Where I live, Citi pulls Equifax and Equifax only.  My EQ score is 667, no baddies, History 1 year, AAoA 8 months.  6 inquiries in last year, 4 in last 6 months. 

I really want to hop out of college cardism (BofA let me convert), but Citi is being adament about keeping that particular account in college card zone.

Here are my two questions:

1.  What are my chances of being approved with a 667 EQ score (TU is in the 653)?

2.  If I get denied for "sufficient credit extended", does that usually mean no pull?  And if this does happen, does a phone call explaining that it is to replace the forward as they told me I had to do over the phone help?

I know I'm obsessing over all of this, but I want to have my two accounts, BofA and Citi, set and ready to grow from here on out.  I want to have the cards I want to be set with and just grow the CL and lower the APRs from here on out.

Thanks for the advice,

smc733

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards

@smc733 wrote:

Hi all,

So I called BofA for a CLI today and was instantly moved from $700 to $1,500, good news for me!

Citi is a bit of a different story.  I'm still stuck with the college forward card.  Where I live, Citi pulls Equifax and Equifax only.  My EQ score is 667, no baddies, History 1 year, AAoA 8 months.  6 inquiries in last year, 4 in last 6 months. 

I really want to hop out of college cardism (BofA let me convert), but Citi is being adament about keeping that particular account in college card zone.

Here are my two questions:

1.  What are my chances of being approved with a 667 EQ score (TU is in the 653)?

2.  If I get denied for "sufficient credit extended", does that usually mean no pull?  And if this does happen, does a phone call explaining that it is to replace the forward as they told me I had to do over the phone help?

I know I'm obsessing over all of this, but I want to have my two accounts, BofA and Citi, set and ready to grow from here on out.  I want to have the cards I want to be set with and just grow the CL and lower the APRs from here on out.

Thanks for the advice,

smc733

So you want to convert your forward to The Diamond Preferred rewards?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 2 of 5
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

Why do you want a Diamond Preferred Rewards card? Honestly, Citi Forward gives more rewards points. Diamond Preferred only gives one point, for everything......I'm trying to ditch it now. I actually dont think I even want cards with Citibank anymore, they suck hardcore

Message 3 of 5
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

A plain-jane card with a low interest rate beats any rewards card in my eyes.

Message 4 of 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

TO HELL WITH CITI.  They made me waste an app, telling me my revolving accounts haven't shown sufficient balances.  This card is getting sockdrawered until March, when I app for:

Chase, Amex, or Discover.

As soon as a new card comes to me, this card is getting killed.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.