cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred World MasterCard!

tag
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred World MasterCard!

Well I was wondering how I could get my card to World MasterCard instead of just the standard.  I was not sure if it was the same as Visa Sig where you have to get a $5,000 limit!  I guess it isn't.  I called Citi today for 1) to see if I could get the World designation and 2) Try to recon my initial limit.  The rep told me I have the regular MasterCard, and after using the card regularly I could receive an offer to switch over to the World version.  I said ok, thanks, and she said let me check your account, will you please hold.  So she came back, said she spoke with a supervisor and I will indeed have a World MasterCard version and i'll receive my card in 5-7 days.  Does this mean I probably did not have the World to begin with and I could receive two cards?  Or I was originally approved for the World version?  I also asked to take a second look at my initial CL.  She said I can always request a CLI and they will first try to use the info I provide for a SP and if needed she will let me know about a HP.  I said go for it and after entering my info she said it needed a credit review to move forward and if I wanted her to cancel it out.  I said yes and she said call back after using the card some and see if we could then process a CLI without a credit review.  Overall, the experience was great and the rep was knowledgeable!  I am also pretty happy to actually have a World MasterCard as part of my collection! 

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred World MasterCard!

Well thats nice that the rep was very helpful, so far CITI has always been helpful with us as well. Congrats on the upgrade to the World Mastercard now you can enjoy better perks than the regular MC.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

From what I have seen citi will upgrade u to world elite MasterCard if you spend enough on the card. Mxp for example spent around 60-90k (can't remember exact amount) over the span of 3 months.

I'm not sure how I got world elite right away. Maybe its the CL they gave me, or maybe its because I have been a citigold client for 8 years now.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 4
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

1. After having the Citi Platinum Select MC for about 2 years they switched me to Diamond Preferred World MC without asking me. Funny thing is, when I had the Select I used it heavily for the 0% stuff but ever since I got the Diamond I haven't spent one dime on it even though they are constantly throwing offers at me.

Step 1 - Select an Offer
Current Credit Limit Available for Transfer  

$12,000.00$12,000.00 

Select the Balance Transfer that's right for you
    • 3.99% Promo APR Until 04/01/2014
    • 13.99% Variable APR After 04/01/2014
    on Balance Transfers
    Select Offer

Transfers Must Post By 09/09/2013

Offer:
    • 3.99% Promotional APR on Balance Transfers.
    • After this promotional offer ends, your standard variable APR for purchases of 13.99% will be applied to any unpaid promotional balances. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
    Duration:
    • Until 04/01/2014.
    Fee:
    • $5 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater, for this offer until 09/09/2013.
    Designed to Help You:
    • Save on interest with our low promotional rate.

• 0.00% Promo APR Until 08/01/2014
  • 13.99% Variable APR After 08/01/2014
on Balance Transfers
Select Offer

Transfers Must Post By 08/09/2013

Offer:

• 0.00% Promotional APR on Balance Transfers.
  • After this promotional offer ends, your standard variable APR for purchases of 13.99% will be applied to any unpaid promotional balances. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

Duration:

• Until 08/01/2014.

Fee:

• $5 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.

Designed to Help You:

• Save on interest with our low promotional rate.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.