cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred -- cannot PC it??

tag
h4ldol
Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred -- cannot PC it??

I requested a PC from my Diamond Preferred to a Dividends card in April and was told that it could be done but that I had to wait for 90 days or so before it went through.  Well, that was three months ago so I called Citi and was told by a level 1 CSR and the supervisor that my card cannot be converted to anything at this point.  They had no idea why and there were no higher level supervisors at this time so I was left with no idea why I am now being told that my card cannot be PC'ed to the Dividends card or actually any other card at all.  

They did not know if it was due to my account (nothing has changed with my card and I hardly use it now or before, and all three bureaus have FICO scores in the 789-793 range) or the Diamond Preferred card or anything (e.g. they were pretty useless and clueless).

Anyone have any insight into why this could be the case or any similar experiences?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred -- cannot PC it??

It depends.  Some products can be PC'd to certain ones but not others.  For instance, a Platinum Select (not the Dividend) can be converted to the Diamond Preferred.  The Platinum Select can be converted to the Dividend but not in reverse and the Diamond Preferred cannot be converted to Dividend.  Similarly, some of their other products have specific PC restrictions, such as the TY Preferred cannot be upgraded to the TY Premier.

There are a variety of factors which would include, basic elegibility, age of account, promotional offers criteria, reward structure, fee-based/higher tier, etc. to name a few.  Citi is just an odd duckling.  Some folks have engaged the EO or retention department to see whether there may be some flexibility but everyone's individual experience and results will vary.

Message 2 of 10
shanac
Frequent Contributor

I asked to PC my card to the Dividend World Card about two weeks ago and was told the process would take up to 45 days. I actually received some paperwork in the mail last week regarding the terms. Did you receive this also? I'm hoping they don't renege on the offer. You should give them a call tomorrow to see if someone else can be helpful.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 10
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

I called Citi to PC my Diamond Preferred card to the AT&T rewards card a couple months ago. I spoke to a guy on the phone who told me the PC would be effective June 8th or something like that. Nothing happened, my account is still a Diamond preferred, haha.

I haven't called to ask them yet because I don't really care about this card, I have other ones.
Message 4 of 10
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to add that the card I have now is the CITI Diamond Preferred with a $5K CL.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 10
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

BTW, I got some paperwork in the mail as well. There's gotta be a glitch in their system that's keeping the PC's to go through.
Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@shanac wrote:
I asked to PC my card to the Dividend World Card about two weeks ago and was told the process would take up to 45 days. I actually received some paperwork in the mail last week regarding the terms. Did you receive this also? I'm hoping they don't renege on the offer. You should give them a call tomorrow to see if someone else can be helpful.

You should be ok since the Dividend PS qualifies for both the WMC and WEMC upgrade, provided the account was elegible at the time you requested the upgrade and once you accepted the T&C.  The 45-50 day window is standard during the conversion process and Citi may send you confirmation through the mail regarding the upgrade or conversion.  Depending on the specific or effective date they provided, you can confirm online since the account infomation (and in some cases the account number) should reflect with the new upgrade.

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@yellowcake wrote:
I called Citi to PC my Diamond Preferred card to the AT&T rewards card a couple months ago. I spoke to a guy on the phone who told me the PC would be effective June 8th or something like that. Nothing happened, my account is still a Diamond preferred, haha.

I haven't called to ask them yet because I don't really care about this card, I have other ones.

How long have you had the Diamond Preferred?  Also, do you currently have any unexpired promotional balance offers (e.g. purchases/BTs)?

Message 8 of 10
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@yellowcake wrote:

How long have you had the Diamond Preferred?  Also, do you currently have any unexpired promotional balance offers (e.g. purchases/BTs)?

Sorry for the delay, I just saw this.  At the time I called them, I'd had the Diamond Preferred card for about 14 months so it was still in the 0% promotional APR period.  Does that affect PC's?

Message 9 of 10
texasman07
Established Contributor

I converted my Platinum to a Dividend in March.   I called in this week and they stated I can convert my card to AAdvantage Bronze or silver.  I just need a higher CL.  They said to call back when I am ready to request a CLI so I can convert.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.