Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred immediate CLI?

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred immediate CLI?

I got a Citi Diamond Preferred and wanted to transfer about $6000 to it for the 0% interest. However, they only approved me for $5,200. Thus, even if I max it out, I am still $1,000 short after the balance transfer fees. Anyone know how much of a chance for an immediate CLI? Ideas on the number to call or how to make the request?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred immediate CLI?

I called the Executive Office today. They said my account wasn't in the system yet, but they saved my information and said they would consider me for a CLI in the next couple of days and get back with me. I asked for $10k. I didn't think that was out of line, I have other cards with $10k limits.

Message 2 of 4
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Knowing Citi, they won't give it to you. They'll find some lame excuse not to. Generally, you have to wait at least 4 - 6 months.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a diamond preferred 3 months ago and got a CLI through the LUV button. Intial limit was 7k. I've asked for a raise of 2k and now it is 9k. I made the request after using 5k of my limit in 2 and half months.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.