Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred

tag
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred

Hi,

I am currently looking for a increase in my Citi DP.  I jumped the gun, stupid I know, and applied at 5 months and 28 days......... Not good at math I guess.

Anyways I was denied instantly due to being ineligible.  Does this re-set the 6 month clock, or am I good to try again on Tuesday?

Also, I have a 6K limit, would it be out of the questions to ask for 18K to match my other card limits?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred

Just ask when you are eligible and they will counter offer if they don't approve the amount you want. Also asking for that much IMO is asking for too much and CITI is not known to give that high of a CLI.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 7
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

i just got to cli from them my dp was at 4000 and they bumped it to 6k with a sp and my dividend  was at 3800 and they pumped it to 5k with a sp

Message 3 of 7
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

They bumped me from $8.7K to $10K to $12K. Both soft pulls. I can't see Citi increasing your CL 3X. Maybe with a hard pull? You won't know unless you try.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 4 of 7
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I think I will just shoot for 10K and see where the conversation goes. 

Message 5 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@pdog661 wrote:

I think I will just shoot for 10K and see where the conversation goes. 

I think that would be your safest, and most likely option.  I did an on-line request last month.  Was at $10K, asked for $15K, got an automated counter-offer of $11.8K which I took. 

Message 6 of 7
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

With Citi you need to wait until your 6th staement cuts so make sure it is the day after or you will be declined for ineligible again. it will also be a HP

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.