Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred

@axledobe wrote:

John - I would go to Citi's website and check for prequalified offers.   Select rewards or whatever category you think will make the ThankYou pop up.  Once it does and you see a specific interest rate offered and the opt out prescreen message (just like on the bottom of your letter), I think you're good to go.  That will be your 'on the fly' reference number.  You'll just click the "reply now", "respond now", "take offer" or however they word it.  

I can vouch that they did a SP every single time I used their prequal link on EQ.  When I applied, they only pulled EQ yet SP'ed EX at the same time.  I had never heard of a lender doing a HP on one bureau and SP'ing another for an approval.  

As far as credit limit, they blew it out of the box for me with 9.5K which beat my highest limit by quite a bit.  I did apply with 800+ on EQ, though.

Good luck if you app.  Let us know how it goes.  

Edited: spelling

i already tried lookin on the site and i cant find where you ask for offers??

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/Multi/travel/tab/PS/default.htm?BT_SC=J%2EOc%2EBch%2Elk%2EGOv%2...

can you post a link to the page? it just says apply now

Message 11 of 27
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

John - I would go to Citi's website and check for prequalified offers.   Select rewards or whatever category you think will make the ThankYou pop up.  Once it does and you see a specific interest rate offered and the opt out prescreen message (just like on the bottom of your letter), I think you're good to go.  That will be your 'on the fly' reference number.  You'll just click the "reply now", "respond now", "take offer" or however they word it.  

I can vouch that they did a SP every single time I used their prequal link on EQ.  When I applied, they only pulled EQ yet SP'ed EX at the same time.  I had never heard of a lender doing a HP on one bureau and SP'ing another for an approval.  

As far as credit limit, they blew it out of the box for me with 9.5K which beat my highest limit by quite a bit.  I did apply with 800+ on EQ, though.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/Multi/travel/tab/PS/default.htm?BT_SC=J%2EOc%2EBch%2Elk%2EGOv%2...

Bottom left of the page where it says "Are you Pre-Qualified for a Card?"... click the link 

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 12 of 27
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

Bottom left of the page where it says "Are you Pre-Qualified for a Card?"... click the link 

thanks i appreciate it. guys quick question are the citi dividend platinum select and the thank you prefered on the same level as far as tiers are concerned? seems like the simplicity and diamond prefered are the lower tier cards and easier to get. im tryin to choose between these 2 what do you think?

Message 13 of 27
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

thanks i appreciate it. guys quick question are the citi dividend platinum select and the thank you prefered on the same level as far as tiers are concerned? seems like the simplicity and diamond prefered are the lower tier cards and easier to get. im tryin to choose between these 2 what do you think?

Hey JP,

I don't think the underwriting criteria for the Diamond Pref or the Simplicity is any more lax then the ThankYou cards.  They are all about the same to get IMO.  As far as decently high limits, my DP sits at a 22.8K CL so you can grow the account over time.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 14 of 27
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

Hey JP,

I don't think the underwriting criteria for the Diamond Pref or the Simplicity is any more lax then the ThankYou cards.  They are all about the same to get IMO.  As far as decently high limits, my DP sits at a 22.8K CL so you can grow the account over time.

nice!! other people we're scaring me sayin it has low limits.. im lookin for a low apr so the dp sounds perfect for me cause it says it goes as low as 11.99%. great info thanks

Message 15 of 27
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I am not that much into rewards and figure anyone offering me a decent limit at 0% for 12-18 months is doing me a nice favor. My CDP had a starting limit of $6,500 - which was my biggest limit before my Amex CLI, I have nothing bad to say about it Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 27
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i like it brotha. in another month im goin on a spree cant wait

Message 17 of 27
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

As said before it is a great BT card, I received it to transfer away from my Cap One card and i received 18months 0% and $4300 CL. If you need a BT card go for it, If you need rewards there are better

Amex EX FICO: 744 GE TU FICO: 716 Gardening:
Amex Everyday 5.5k | Amex BCE 2k | Citi DP 6k | Amazon Rewards 2.5k | Walmart DC 1.2k | Best Buy Rewards 4k | Cap1 QSone 1k | NYMCU .5k
Message 18 of 27
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I was in the market for a CDP myself for my recent app spree. I went to the pre qual site and was prequaled for like every card of theirs. I waited...and the next week I had pre approvals in my mail box for each one with better offers than the website. I ended up going with the TYP with 15 mos 0% on purchases as well as BT. And 15k typ after spending a g in 3 mos--making the CDP obsolete. The TYP lets you link that card to your amazon account and pay directly with ty points, just like Discover. This is awesome to me. Also, they started me off with a 10.5k limit. I am SO glad I chose the typ world mc.Edit to include APR 12.99% so the cdp is 1% lower apr with nothing worth mentioning in the rewards department.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 19 of 27
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@Bluegoldkeys wrote:

As said before it is a great BT card, I received it to transfer away from my Cap One card and i received 18months 0% and $4300 CL. If you need a BT card go for it, If you need rewards there are better

those arent the only 2 senarios what about people that want a permanent card with a low apr then what card would you recommend? seems like the dp is the best option its not just for balance transfers

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.