Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preffered

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Citi Diamond Preffered

Thinking of going for a Citi Diamond Preffered, all Fico 8 are over 730+, never had a Citi card and have no negatives.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preffered

Utl is 1% AAoA is 9 months.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should be approved based off those facts...

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i, too, dont have a citi card. im wondering why you chose this as an 'in' over the other citi cards? *im newb

btw i get bombarded with citi DP mailers. only once or twice with Simplicity and Double Cash.

Message 4 of 12
thummel
Established Contributor

Score is just one peice of the equation. Citi is pretty inquiry sensitive depending on what mood there in. Also that card hasn't been known to have huge starting limits I believe. If you decide to go for it let us know the result!
Message 5 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Curious on your results. As the above poster said, they are not known for high starting limits. On score alone I'd think you'd be approved.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 12
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

I've had this card for about 6 months.
This is a cool looking card but that's about it.

The card is only great as a balance transfer card, and even then lacking as it normally gives low limits compared to other balance transfer cards.
Message 7 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@GalaxyStars wrote:
I've had this card for about 6 months.
This is a cool looking card but that's about it.

The card is only great as a balance transfer card, and even then lacking as it normally gives low limits compared to other balance transfer cards.

Knowing this in advance, call in for HP cli.  Might as well get it out of the way.  If you treat them right, they give soft pull clis every six months.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see why you wouldn't be approved.... unless you have a lot of recent inquiries. 

Good luck!!

Message 9 of 12
juniornj23
Established Contributor

I thinkbyou shiuld try to get a card that fix your needs .dont take a card just because looks cool . Plus small Sl dont worth the HP
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.