Citi Diamond offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Diamond offer

@SOGGIE wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:
I've heard from others that Citi is anal about inquiries and new TLs. Good luck w/ whatever you decide!

That really is overblown.  If your credit is good it's amazing how many inquiries and new accounts they will overlook

Interesting Irish! I've never heard that about them before.

Generally unless the creditor has a specific policy like Chase does now with their no more than 5 cards in a two year period for their main cards, these creditors will approve you in almost all cases if your file is strong enough regardless of the number of inquiries and new accounts.  They will use those reasons as fall back excuses when there is something else that concerns thrm but most often that will never be the sole reason for a denial. I have quite a few inquiries and over 20 new accounts in the last year and Citi approved me just two days ago and my other two approvals with them were not that long ago.  Of course everyone is different so I'm not suggesting that you should go out and open 20 accounts in a year.  Normally that's not a wise decision.  

Message 11 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Irish has a good point. I know someone who works for BOA as an analyst and she always said the number of inquiries is not really a problem, it's moreso how the person is managing the credit. Now some banks tend to be more/less sensitive to a ton of recent accounts but generally, it's not the inquiries themselves that pose a problem, it's what you're doing with them.

Anyway sounds like the concensus on this card is a no....lol

Message 12 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:
I've heard from others that Citi is anal about inquiries and new TLs. Good luck w/ whatever you decide!

That really is overblown.  If your credit is good it's amazing how many inquiries and new accounts they will overlook

Interesting Irish! I've never heard that about them before.

Generally unless the creditor has a specific policy like Chase does now with their no more than 5 cards in a two year period for their main cards, these creditors will approve you in almost all cases if your file is strong enough regardless of the number of inquiries and new accounts.  They will use those reasons as fall back excuses when there is something else that concerns thrm but most often that will never be the sole reason for a denial. I have quite a few inquiries and over 20 new accounts in the last year and a its approved me just two days ago and my other two approvals with thrm were not that long ago.  Of course everyone is different so I'm not suggesting that you should go out and open 20 accounts in a year.  Normally that's not a wise decision.  

Nor is skydiving, but both sure are fun Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 34
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Well. I'm not trying to test it. LMAO! My income and scores are great, AAOA=8Y, no baddies, but I sometimes I think I might be more inquiry sensitive than the lenders. LOL
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 14 of 34
joltdude
Senior Contributor

The Citi Diamond is a cracked Cubic Zirconia... But if you want an in, and an 18 month 0 apr, and convert it into something nicer, its a possibility...

Otherwise.. let it lie there. and walk on by...

Message 15 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

+1 agreed. waiting on KDM. still to reply to me getting that Double cash. Smiley Very Happy Thanks irish earlier. for congrats. But kdm. my brother has this card. he can't seem to find a use for the points. besides his 1k limit. but he is in with citi as well. so not sure if it is an in with them. I guess  the real issue is the value of the points.

Also agreeing with irish with the inquiries and new accounts. as most know by now i went ahead and got the doublecash purely as an in with citi. 17 inquiries on Ex in the last 2 years. and 12 new accounts in the last year alone. but they still approved me. no problem. but honestly only 3 inquiries on Ex in the last 6 months. Im curious as to why they pulled ex anyway. For my Bestbuy and my Homedepot they pulled EQ. and every hp since was EQ.

Message 16 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

+1 agreed. waiting on KDM. still to reply to me getting that Double cash. Smiley Very Happy Thanks irish earlier. for congrats. But kdm. my brother has this card. he can't seem to find a use for the points. besides his 1k limit. but he is in with citi as well. so not sure if it is an in with them. I guess  the real issue is the value of the points.

Didnt see you applied and got approved for the Citi DC Taxi.. Many congrats!  On the approval thread section?  What is your CL and apr you got?

Message 17 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Taxi! I knew you wouldnt wait. Whats your limit? Congrats btw
Message 18 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Taxi! I knew you wouldnt wait. Whats your limit? Congrats btw

Yes in the approval section. my finger was itching too much kd. had to do it. Smiley Very Happy only got 2k.

Edit horrible apr. 20.9

Message 19 of 34
yfan
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Ok, really, I'm just bored tonight, but I got a mailer for the Citi Diamond Preferred....18 months 0%, then 16.99. Not too terrible.

I don't need any more cash back cards as my rewards are already somewhat spread too thin. But the deals this card offers sound decent for actual savings. I called the hotline (admittedly, they're biased lol) and asked what the easy deals points can be used for and the lady claimed they offer gift cards, merchandise, local dining deals etc.

Yes, you can redeem on gift cards. They will let you use 5 Easy Deal dollars for a $50 gift card. The other $45 you pay out of pocket.

I have a ton of Easy Deals points and the only thing I really find them useful are restaurant deals that are basically half off if you spend a certain amount of money. (like $25 off a purchase of $50 or more for example). But these are just the "premium deals" and can only be used once a year per restaurant/establishment.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.