Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond offer

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond offer

Thats what I mean with double cash. 2k is a useless limit for general spend. Hope you can get it bumped up soon taxi. At least you're in.
Message 21 of 34
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Easy points were useless for me.
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Ok, really, I'm just bored tonight, but I got a mailer for the Citi Diamond Preferred....18 months 0%, then 16.99. Not too terrible.

I don't need any more cash back cards as my rewards are already somewhat spread too thin. But the deals this card offers sound decent for actual savings. I called the hotline (admittedly, they're biased lol) and asked what the easy deals points can be used for and the lady claimed they offer gift cards, merchandise, local dining deals etc.

Yes, you can redeem on gift cards. They will let you use 5 Easy Deal dollars for a $50 gift card. The other $45 you pay out of pocket.

I have a ton of Easy Deals points and the only thing I really find them useful are restaurant deals that are basically half off if you spend a certain amount of money. (like $25 off a purchase of $50 or more for example). But these are just the "premium deals" and can only be used once a year per restaurant/establishment.

^^^ This. 

ETA: I had a DP for $3500 (which I'm sure wasn't what I needed to BT Whatever I wsa trying at the time.). I PC'd to DC and then moved CL's (HP) to get a $15k DC. I'm thinking it's going to be the winner in the general spend card race. Even before A+ semi-nerfed the card, I don't dig their system. And I like Citi's improvements (website etc.). 

Message 23 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Thats what I mean with double cash. 2k is a useless limit for general spend. Hope you can get it bumped up soon taxi. At least you're in.

It is pretty bad seeing they are offering 15 months 0 percent BT. how can i BT with a 2k limit. i really would hate to take another Hp. but i will just let this card get some age. as i have other cards for my BT. and Discover has giving me new offers of the 0 percent for 12 months specifically on BTs

Message 24 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

A small part of me would love to try again with Double Cash, but I just know if I take the bait I'll get a 2k limit or something...I am prequalified on the website at 17.99%.

Message 25 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

A small part of me would love to try again with Double Cash, but I just know if I take the bait I'll get a 2k limit or something...I am prequalified on the website at 17.99%.

Dont be scared. hehehe you could always take another hp for a higher limit. im really just finding out how tight citi really is. where as other poster has a 48k limit on their AAexec card. im seeing a pattern. looks like those Co branded citi cards are outstanding. AAexec and Premier cards. just not sure. does it mean anything that im still getting all the pre approvals on the site even after my approval on the Double cash???

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

kdm31091 - as you probably already know, many of the initial credit limits for the Citi DC were ridiculously low $1,400 to maybe $4,000. No recon so people had to take a second HP and were getting Large CLIs.
Message 27 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:
kdm31091 - as you probably already know, many of the initial credit limits for the Citi DC were ridiculously low $1,400 to maybe $4,000. No recon so people had to take a second HP and were getting Large CLIs.

I had a Double Cash for about a month back in November/December....I believe my initial limit was 1k. Unacceptable for general spend.

And as dumb as it sounds, I like my QS and don't want a DC to make it useless. I don't want to do that to Capital One as they've been good to me. That's why I was hoping the Diamond had some value for other uses, but it sounds like Citi just has nothing good for me at the moment haha

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

kdm31091 - understand your point of view. You have a good collection of cards. From my experience the Citi DP would be a waste of time (since you already had the Citi DC) and truth the Citi Thank You Card points are not that exciting for most folks (including me) as I have a card that generates TY Points. For travelers I have read that there are some really good CIti Cards. My travel is very small so my focus is on cash back and not at a reduced rate. Love my Chase Ink Business Cash Card VS as it serves my spending profile well.

Message 29 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:
kdm31091 - understand your point of view. You have a good collection of cards. From my experience the Citi DP would be a waste of time (since you already had the Citi DC) and truth the Citi Thank You Card points are not that exciting for most folks (including me) as I have a card that generates TY Points. For travelers that are some really good CIti Cards so I have read. My travel is very small so my focus is on cash back and not at a reduced rate.

Right. The main advantage I can see for me of the Diamond is 0% for 21 months (which is offered by the online prequal, not the mailer I got). 21 months is a long time for no interest. I do have to get my dog some vet work this month which I will not be able to afford to PIF immediately and my 0% on QS and Amex are about to expire. I suppose I could call Discover and ask if I can have any type of 0% offer

Decisions, decisions. lol

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.