Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Diamond

So I have had the Citi Diamond card since 2007. It was one of my first CC. Citi and I had a wobbly relationship (all my fault obviously lol). I had a few years where I carried 100%+ utilization on the card and had 5 late payments. This was about 2+ years ago. I've had the balance paid off for almost a year now. I have not used the card since March. I requested a CL increase from them 3 months ago and I was approve from $1800 to $3000. I don't want Citi to close the card so I am going to start using it again for small purchases. They just offered me a 0% on all new purchases until March of 2018. I prefer using my cash back rewards cards right now. I would like to apply for a new card with Citi that has a better (for my usage) award system. I just don't know if I should hold tight and keep repairing my relationship with them. Any advice?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond

Have you checked to see if Citi will do a product change?  If they would allow you to do so, you would be able to keep all of the old history while having a credit card that earns some rewards.  If they allow it, the double cash would probably be the best choice.  With a PC you normally do not get a sign up bonus.

Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You should be able to product change your card to a Double Cash without opening a new account. Just call and ask what your product change options are. Typically Citi is amenable to doing it after the account is a year old.

Message 3 of 6
bldmt
Regular Contributor

I was able to do a quick, and easy PC from DP to DC via secure message around I believe the begining of this year. The DC retained the DP account age and credit limit.

Message 4 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

This is one of the benifits of getting the Diamond vs the Simplicity... Its very easy to Product Change to a Double Cash.. Which I think would be a more usable and better card option for you..... 

Basically repeating what others have already chimed in....

-J

Message 5 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Agreed with the other posters - keep it and PC it to a Double Cash.  From experience, it's quick and easy and they'll even let you carry over your promotional APR assuming you have already accepted it.  Citi seems to be forgiving to most people that haven't burned them in BK, so just keep going for those SP CLIs every 6 months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.