Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Discontinued Virtual CCs on AAWEMCs - No Warning - Monthly charge declined

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Citi Discontinued Virtual CCs on AAWEMCs - No Warning - Monthly charge declined

Citi discontinued Virtual CC service on certain CCs including my AAWEMC and canceled outstanding virtual CCs without notice.

In addition to terminating desktop apps on 12/27/12, the virtual CC service appears only available on some cards. Cards where I have verified virtuals remain are the Forward and perhaps most others. It's possible this has to do with the the AA card having an EMV chip so it may be some sort of conflict with that.

To say it is highly annoying would be an understatement. I considered this one of the most valuable features of Citi cards.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
slippy84
Contributor

Re: Citi Discontinued Virtual CCs on AAWEMCs - No Warning - Monthly charge declined

That stinks. I have only used it once or twice and that was years ago, but I just logged on and I was still able to use the service as of today. It generated a number for me and everything.

I have the Dividend Platinum Select Visa card.

When you go to https://www.benefitbuilder.citi.com/ and log in, does it show "Virtual Account Numbers" under the summary of your benefits? It shows up there on mine

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.