Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dispute Resolved Instantly? *Interesting Update*

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dispute Resolved Instantly? *Interesting Update*

I can say with confidence that Citi's dispute process is painless and smooth. I had a situation where a car rental company charged me extras for things that werent disclosed to me when I rented the vehicle. Called up Citi to dispute it and right on it, they issued the permanent credit for $100. Few days later the merchant decided to partially refund $50 back to my card so what Citi did was return the credit back to the merchant and still let me keep the $100 they issued at first. Happy camper!!!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Dispute Resolved Instantly? *Interesting Update*

@Anonymous wrote:
It sure helps your confidence to pay AF for a credit card for better service. I am going through the dispute process for a couple of event tickets bought on my CSP and will post the experience once I make some progress with it. The charge is fairly large ($500) and the reason for dispute is that the venue refuses to refund because of their no refund policy even though they didn't deliver all of their promises in the advertisement. I guess going to court or some sort of government consumer protection is a better way to deal with it, but maybe Chase will be more eager to protect their customers.

Although I cant advise on your situation I had 2 tickets for Miley Cyrus last year. Of course she cancelled her concert and I had 2 ($500) tickets purchased on my CSP. The new rescheduled date was after my semester ended and I was a ways away from the venue. Stubhub wouldnt refund because it was rescheduled and fought it with Chase with all their small print terms I agreed to when creating an account so they won. I told chase if they dont fix the situation I will close all my cards with them and theyll never see me again. Next day...Dispute was granted in my favor Smiley Happy Cant use Stubhub on that email any longer but just made a new account and all ok!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.