Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Citi Dividend App Pending ??

[ Edited ]

Bit the bullet and apped for the Citi Platinum tonight. FYI, here's a page w/$150 cash back: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-dividend-card/

I got a pending message, but then it took me to a page to set up online account, paperless billing, etc. So, I was feeling optimistic, because I figured, why would it be having me set up all that if they were going to deny me. But then, while entering my info, I hit the backspace to make a correction and the blasted website went back to the previous page, which then gave me an error message.

I checked my email and got a msg that "we are currently processing your app and w/be in touch within 1 week." (!) There's a link, but no additional info there. It looks to me like the computer wants a human to review it.

Has anyone had this happen and been approved? Is this type of msg usually a sign of denial? I have good credit now, but had a CO from the 80s, so I'm concerned that that might be the problem.

ETA: I just checked my 3 in 1 CR on USAA, and they pulled EX. Hopefully they won't pull any others.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Member
erika

Re: Citi Dividend App Pending ??

I had the same thing happen.  Call them to get the status of your application.  With me, they needed proof of address and a copy of my drivers license.  I received my approval apprx 1 week after I sent them a utility bill.  

Starting Score: EQ 434 TU 499 4/29/10
Current Score: EQ 651 11/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Thanks! I checked this morning, and I was approved! :smileyhappy:

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Established Contributor
emptypockets

Congrats on your approval! What is your CL?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (6), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; A few store cards.

Current Scores: EQ (6/14): 800; TU MyFico (6/14): 814; Walmart TU Fico 08 (12/2014): 803; EX (6/14): 775
Contributor
A_Madel

:smileyhappy: Awesome! Congrats.

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

$10k

Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

CONGRATULATIONS!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Thank you! 

Established Contributor
Jlu

You were worried about a CO from the 80's? LOL

JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Well, some people have been permanently blacklisted. It may be that the amount I owed wasn't very much. It's been so long, I really don't remember. But I do know my CLs weren't very large compared to today's CLs.

Some people have reported here a 10-year window for blacklisting. But there's really no way to know for sure. Some have also not gotten cards because of very old COs.

I consider myself very fortunate to have a second chance with them! :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}