Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Approval Status

tag
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Citi Dividend Approval Status

Hey guys,

I was having a bad day so I decided I would add a Citi card to my wallet to feel better.

I really like how they do their approval and allow you to verify your information before hitting submit.  Anyways, it kept spinning and spinning after I hit submit and finally approved!

I went for the Citi Dividend because I like cash back cards and 0% apr.  Plus, I only have one card with an annual fee (CSP) so I wanted to see what Citi would offer since they keep sending me invitations to apply every week for the Simplicity and Thank You cards.

Anyways, approved for $4300 and my credit score is a 763 with Experian.  

Also, I got the information below:

The range of scoresScores range from a low of 250 to a high of 900.

Key factors that adversely affected your credit scoreYour credit report shows proportion of loan balance to loan amounts is too high.    
Length of time accounts have been established on your credit report.      
Your credit report shows length of time since the most recent account opening is too short.   
Your credit report shows too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

I'm not sure how I have too many inquiries when I only have 2 on my Experian report.  

Is this a good starting CL?  I read on the boards that they do soft increases every six months.  

PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
manzanita
Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Approval Status

Hi there -

Not sure if this answers your question, but it might give you a frame of reference at least:

I was also approved recently for a Citi Dividend which I took for the cash back, 0% apr intro offer. Plus, up until this point the only cards I have are an old starter Cap1 platinum wth a CL of 800 that hasn't budged in years, a J Crew card with a CL of 500 and a West Elm of 4k. Wanted a better card with additional benefits. 

Citi checked experian (i'm in NY) and approved me for 2500. Didn't get to see what my EX score was (did they send it to you via email or mail?) but the EX report is pretty close to my EQ which at the time was 668 ish.

That was a month ago.

Amex PRG - NPSL // Amex Delta Gold- 2000 // Amex SPG - 5400 // Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 // Citi Dividend - 5000 // Discover It - 10,000 // Barclay Arrival - 4000 // WestElm - 7000 // J.Crew - 1100

Gardening as of 8/16/13
Message 2 of 6
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

thank you for the response.

i got my credit score on the approval page that said my credit limit.

PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 3 of 6
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats... Love the Citi Dividend Card It will grow with you

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 4 of 6
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

The EX score they provided does not appear to be a FICO since the range is incorrect. So while your FICO may certainly be in the 700s, there is no guarantee it is near 763.

If it helps, my Citi approval letter also provided a FAKO score for TU.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

it's a good CL. 

All credit apps have to give you 4-5 reasons that might have adversely affected your scores and its listed in order of importance. So even when there's really nothing that might be pulling your score down drastically, it still has to list them. Don't worry too much about it.

Enjoy the card Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.