cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend - Chances of get this card?

tag
schrute
Contributor

Citi Dividend - Chances of get this card?

I'm looking to apply for this card and have a 787 credit score. But have a collection on my EX and EQ accounts. Am I risking a HP without a card with this profie? AAoA is 7 years. 2 cards, one with $20K and the other $10K.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend - Chances of get this card?

@schrute wrote:

I'm looking to apply for this card and have a 787 credit score. But have a collection on my EX and EQ accounts. Am I risking a HP without a card with this profie? AAoA is 7 years. 2 cards, one with $20K and the other $10K.

I just got approved for a Simplicity card with scores much lower than you. They pulled EX and EQ. I have two paid collections on EX that are about 1.5 and 2 years old (not credit card collections though). None on EQ but do have a paid and unpaid CC chargeoffs from 2007. I would say if the collections are paid you may have a good chance. My AAoA on EX is about 4.2 years and EQ 3.6 years.Good Luck if you try!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

is your collections paid or unpaid? how much is it for? how recent / old is it?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 11
schrute
Contributor

Unpaid. The DOFD is 2009. Appeared on my report about 2010 possibly 2011. No CO on my CR.

Message 4 of 11
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@schrute wrote:

Unpaid. The DOFD is 2009. Appeared on my report about 2010 possibly 2011. No CO on my CR.

And you have a 787 FICO?  I'm finding that a little hard to believe, I think you got a FAKO from somewhere.  Citi is picky about derogs.  I was declined for two collections from 2006. 

Message 5 of 11
schrute
Contributor

The credit union pulled my soft, I'm guessing it was a FICO. Maybe a soft is always a FAKO.

Message 6 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

i think you asked about the US Bank Cash+ earlier, right?

However, it is going to be very hard with any prime lender if you have an unpaid collection that is >500 dollars. I would certainly advise you try to set up pay for deletion or something for that collections to be remove, or at least pay it off, or just wait till it drops off your CR. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Be careful on a paid for delete that you don't reactive the collection. 4 years have already gone by, so make sure you research heavily before you do ANYTHING on a four year old baddie. You do not want to re-start the clock.

I don't know the details on baddies, but I just like to caution everyone before they make drastic moves.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 11
schrute
Contributor

I would make a letter that says they agree to a PFD and that it would end all collection attempts on that debt, and that the debt cannot be re-sold, so forth, etc.

Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

i think you asked about the US Bank Cash+ earlier, right?

However, it is going to be very hard with any prime lender if you have an unpaid collection that is >500 dollars. I would certainly advise you try to set up pay for deletion or something for that collections to be remove, or at least pay it off, or just wait till it drops off your CR. 

I thought this poster rang a bell.....

I wouldn't apply for ANY prime cards until you resolve that collection OP. It's that simple. Your going to be wasting HP's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.