Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend MC / Amex Combo

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Citi Dividend MC / Amex Combo

From what I read in other posts, if we have Citi Dividend MasterCard, we can also get Citi Dividend American Express card and share the same credit line with both cards. Is it correct? If so  the second card automatically sent to us or do we have to ask them for it?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend MC / Amex Combo

Wait? what!

I totally want this, I would love to use that at Costco instead of my lame Amex BCE.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

Wait? what!

I totally want this, I would love to use that at Costco instead of my lame Amex BCE.

Search the forum. There were some posters mentioned Citi is offering this for the exact reason you want to use at places like costco that does not accept other cards than Amex. I did PC of my Smith Barney Master Card to Citi Dividend Card and waiting for the card to arrive. Once I get the card I want to follow-up with citi for the shared Dividend Amex Card. That way I can just carry one account with both cards and get the benefits of both cards.

Message 3 of 10
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Should I just call the number on the back of my Dividend card and ask about getting an amex on the same line?

-----------------------
Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

Should I just call the number on the back of my Dividend card and ask about getting an amex on the same line?

If you already have the card, yes, you should call them and ask them. I was going to do it once i get my card. Since you already have the card, it would be great if you can make a call to them and find out for us.

Message 5 of 10
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I have had my Dividend card since April of this year.  I will call as soon as I finish lunch and report back.

-----------------------
Message 6 of 10
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Calling now...

-----------------------
Message 7 of 10
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Ugh, the first guy seemed to have heard about it, but we got disconnected.  Calling again...

-----------------------
Message 8 of 10
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

This time I got a super nice lady in Ohio or something like that.

She said that she called the marketing department and they said it is in a "pilot phase" where they are pre-selecting certian people to try this out to see if it is successful or not.  She said there is no way a customer can specifically ask for this at this time.

Smiley Sad

-----------------------
Message 9 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

This time I got a super nice lady in Ohio or something like that.

She said that she called the marketing department and they said it is in a "pilot phase" where they are pre-selecting certian people to try this out to see if it is successful or not.  She said there is no way a customer can specifically ask for this at this time.

Smiley Sad

That is bad. I dont think we should give up. Why not cal the back door numbers and see if we can reach the executive office and find out. It will be definitely useful to have this feature. Once I get my card, I'll also start calling people at Citi. If some one is out there getting it, we should also be able to get it. Just matter of making the right contacts.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.