Reply
Regular Contributor
charyot77
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-21-2010
0

Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

[ Edited ]

I probably shouldn't have applied because I've already been approved for 3 cards this week but I decided to go for one more app (so much for gardening) with Citi.  

 

I applied for the Citi Dividend Card because I want to dump my Capital One "No Hassles Rewards" cash back card (I tried to close it today but they offered to waive the annual fee). I currently don't have any casback cards. 

 

I thought this app was crazy because I pretty much burned Citi 10 years ago to the day with a charge off (about $2k).

 

I guess enough time has passed as they instantly approved me for a Citi Dividend card with $3,000 limit.

 

Now Im really done for good and I'm actually worried. I know that Barclays is inq sensitive as is Merricks.  With my new limits however, I can probably stand to lose those two cards.   

 

EDIT: my EXP is 699.

Regular Contributor
asteroidblues86
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

Congrats! Enjoy the card.

Regular Contributor
ACsteel
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!


charyot77 wrote:

I probably shouldn't have applied because I've already been approved for 3 cards this week but I decided to go for one more app (so much for gardening) with Citi.  

 

I applied for the Citi Dividend Card because I want to dump my Capital One "No Hassles Rewards" cash back card (I tried to close it today but they offered to waive the annual fee). I currently don't have any casback cards. 

 

I thought this app was crazy because I pretty much burned Citi 10 years ago to the day with a charge off (about $2k).

 

I guess enough time has passed as they instantly approved me for a Citi Dividend card with $3,000 limit.

 

Now Im really done for good and I'm actually worried. I know that Barclays is inq sensitive as is Merricks.  With my new limits however, I can probably stand to lose those two cards.   

 

EDIT: my EXP is 699.


When you say they are inq. sensitive,  you mean they are current cards you have and because of the recent inqs they may all of sudden shut you down?


Garden Member Since: 2014 - 4 - 1
EX FICO | 2014 - 3 - 1 | 793
Senior Contributor
bichonmom
Posts: 3,318
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

Congrats! I just got mine in the mail today. I also had a CO w/Citi back in the 80s and didn't think I could ever get one again. It's nice to have a second chance. :smileyhappy:

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Regular Contributor
charyot77
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-21-2010
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!


angelnyc wrote:

charyot77 wrote:

I probably shouldn't have applied because I've already been approved for 3 cards this week but I decided to go for one more app (so much for gardening) with Citi.  

 

I applied for the Citi Dividend Card because I want to dump my Capital One "No Hassles Rewards" cash back card (I tried to close it today but they offered to waive the annual fee). I currently don't have any casback cards. 

 

I thought this app was crazy because I pretty much burned Citi 10 years ago to the day with a charge off (about $2k).

 

I guess enough time has passed as they instantly approved me for a Citi Dividend card with $3,000 limit.

 

Now Im really done for good and I'm actually worried. I know that Barclays is inq sensitive as is Merricks.  With my new limits however, I can probably stand to lose those two cards.   

 

EDIT: my EXP is 699.


When you say they are inq. sensitive,  you mean they are current cards you have and because of the recent inqs they may all of sudden shut you down?


Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I've had the Barclays card for more than 6 months so hopefully they won't mind but prey are notorious for closing accounts if they see too many recent inqs, as is Merricks (pyramiding).

 

Moderator
Shogun
Posts: 12,952
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

Congrats!


Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Contributor
DVH1980
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎08-24-2011
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

Barclays seems hit or miss with the new account freak out. Ive opened 6 new accounts after Barclays and received 2 CLI in that time.

*USAA WORLD MC* *USAA VISA* *AMEX BCE* *DISCOVER IT* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH REWARDS* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM* *CITI DOUBLE CASH*

Frequent Contributor
Scuba
Posts: 455
Registered: ‎06-08-2008
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

Its nice to see Citi's memory lasts only 30 years :smileyvery-happy:

 

That means I will be in their good graces in 2038.

 

Will we be using credit cards in the year 2038?

Established Contributor
CruzImperial
Posts: 867
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!


Scuba wrote:

Its nice to see Citi's memory lasts only 30 years :smileyvery-happy:

 

That means I will be in their good graces in 2038.

 

Will we be using credit cards in the year 2038?


lols!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Regular Contributor
charyot77
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-21-2010
0

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

Well my charge off was only for 10tears so maybe youwant have to wait so long.:smileyhappy:


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}