cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

I probably shouldn't have applied because I've already been approved for 3 cards this week but I decided to go for one more app (so much for gardening) with Citi.  

I applied for the Citi Dividend Card because I want to dump my Capital One "No Hassles Rewards" cash back card (I tried to close it today but they offered to waive the annual fee). I currently don't have any casback cards. 

I thought this app was crazy because I pretty much burned Citi 10 years ago to the day with a charge off (about $2k).

I guess enough time has passed as they instantly approved me for a Citi Dividend card with $3,000 limit.

Now Im really done for good and I'm actually worried. I know that Barclays is inq sensitive as is Merricks.  With my new limits however, I can probably stand to lose those two cards.   

EDIT: my EXP is 699.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Instant Approval!! Must be off blacklist!

Congrats! Enjoy the card.

Message 2 of 10
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@charyot77 wrote:

I probably shouldn't have applied because I've already been approved for 3 cards this week but I decided to go for one more app (so much for gardening) with Citi.  

I applied for the Citi Dividend Card because I want to dump my Capital One "No Hassles Rewards" cash back card (I tried to close it today but they offered to waive the annual fee). I currently don't have any casback cards. 

I thought this app was crazy because I pretty much burned Citi 10 years ago to the day with a charge off (about $2k).

I guess enough time has passed as they instantly approved me for a Citi Dividend card with $3,000 limit.

Now Im really done for good and I'm actually worried. I know that Barclays is inq sensitive as is Merricks.  With my new limits however, I can probably stand to lose those two cards.   

When you say they are inq. sensitive,  you mean they are current cards you have and because of the recent inqs they may all of sudden shut you down?

Message 3 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I just got mine in the mail today. I also had a CO w/Citi back in the 80s and didn't think I could ever get one again. It's nice to have a second chance. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 10
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@angelnyc wrote:

@charyot77 wrote:

When you say they are inq. sensitive,  you mean they are current cards you have and because of the recent inqs they may all of sudden shut you down?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I've had the Barclays card for more than 6 months so hopefully they won't mind but prey are notorious for closing accounts if they see too many recent inqs, as is Merricks (pyramiding).

Message 5 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 10
DVH1980
Contributor

Barclays seems hit or miss with the new account freak out. Ive opened 6 new accounts after Barclays and received 2 CLI in that time.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 7 of 10
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Its nice to see Citi's memory lasts only 30 years Smiley Very Happy

That means I will be in their good graces in 2038.

Will we be using credit cards in the year 2038?

Message 8 of 10
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

Its nice to see Citi's memory lasts only 30 years Smiley Very Happy

That means I will be in their good graces in 2038.

Will we be using credit cards in the year 2038?

lols!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 10
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Well my charge off was only for 10tears so maybe youwant have to wait so long.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.