cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards

Valued Contributor

Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards

Just accepted the 4th quarter 5% cash back rewards offer from Citi.  I think the cap for Citi is $300 cash back in a calendar year.

 

During Q4 2011, the categories are Department stores, Clothing stores, Electronics stores, and Toy stores.

 

 

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards

Do you know what category Amazon would fall under? If any?

Scores: EX - 769 (Amex FICO 5/21/16) TU - 763 (Discover FICO - 4/30/16), EQ - 795 (Citi FICO - 5/24/16)
Current Cards: Amex BCE - 10k, NFCU cashRewards Sig - 8k, Discover It - 10k, Citi Dividend WE - 8k, Chase Freedom - 4k, Chase Amazon Visa Sig - 4k
Last App: 3/4/2016.
Message 2 of 12
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards

I just received an email notifying me to enroll. Other than toy stores, the other categories don't interest me.Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards


JollehRoger wrote:

Do you know what category Amazon would fall under? If any?


Amazon is a department store, but because it's only online I don't think it qualifies for the 5%.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 4 of 12
Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards


ptr2593 wrote:

Just accepted the 4th quarter 5% cash back rewards offer from Citi.  I think the cap for Citi is $300 cash back in a calendar year.

 

During Q4 2011, the categories are Department stores, Clothing stores, Electronics stores, and Toy stores.

 

 


Did you mean quarter or year? $300 for the whole year seems low.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 5 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards


johnnie198x wrote:

ptr2593 wrote:

Just accepted the 4th quarter 5% cash back rewards offer from Citi.  I think the cap for Citi is $300 cash back in a calendar year.

 

During Q4 2011, the categories are Department stores, Clothing stores, Electronics stores, and Toy stores.

 

 


Did you mean quarter or year? $300 for the whole year seems low.


I mean year.  I wasn't sure what or if they had a cap so I googled it earlier and read the $300/yr thing here:

 

http://www.consumerismcommentary.com/citibank-discontinuing-dividend-platinum-select-cash-back-rewar...

 

and here:  http://www.dailymarkets.com/personal-finance/2010/10/20/citi-dividend-platinum-select-card-for-colle...

 

I agree it is very low Smiley Sad  It is, however, a card for college students and to hit the $300 cap you would need to spend $6000 in a year.  $6000 is quite a bit to spend on rotating categories as a college student, imo.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 6 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards

$300 cap doen't apply to Citi's online shopping sites.  Just regular card purchase made throughout the year.  Someone correct me if i'm wrong

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 12
Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards


ptr2593 wrote:

johnnie198x wrote:

ptr2593 wrote:

Just accepted the 4th quarter 5% cash back rewards offer from Citi.  I think the cap for Citi is $300 cash back in a calendar year.

 

During Q4 2011, the categories are Department stores, Clothing stores, Electronics stores, and Toy stores.

 

 


Did you mean quarter or year? $300 for the whole year seems low.


I mean year.  I wasn't sure what or if they had a cap so I googled it earlier and read the $300/yr thing here:

 

http://www.consumerismcommentary.com/citibank-discontinuing-dividend-platinum-select-cash-back-rewar...

 

and here:  http://www.dailymarkets.com/personal-finance/2010/10/20/citi-dividend-platinum-select-card-for-colle...

 

I agree it is very low Smiley Sad  It is, however, a card for college students and to hit the $300 cap you would need to spend $6000 in a year.  $6000 is quite a bit to spend on rotating categories as a college student, imo.


Well, then it is very very low. $300 per month is too much, but $300 per quarter (1.2k/year) is a more reasonable limit.

I have freedom, and I think $1500 per quarter is more than enough, but good (I'm purchasing a ticket over $1500 this month, and it's 5% back)

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 8 of 12
Established Member

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards

Items sold by Amazon(not necessarily Amazon Marketplace) are marked as Merchant: Bookstore for Visa.  This allows people with Citi Forward to get 5 points/dollar spent at Amazon. Do not know how they are marked via MasterCard though.  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select 4Q 5% Rewards


waralpha wrote:

Items sold by Amazon(not necessarily Amazon Marketplace) are marked as Merchant: Bookstore for Visa.  This allows people with Citi Forward to get 5 points/dollar spent at Amazon. Do not know how they are marked via MasterCard though.  Smiley Sad



That's interesting, is there any reason why Amazon would be different for MC?  My Citi DPS is a Visa, do you all have the MC version?

 

 

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 10 of 12