Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card for College Students

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card for College Students

I apped for this card on Friday afternoon (the visa) and was told they need further info and to call in. So I called in later that evening and the man I talked to put me on hold. He never asked any questions which I thought was weird. After about 5 minutes he came back and said they weren't able to give you a decision right now. You will hear back from us within a week.

After that I thought I was declined. I had setup the online account when I app'ed and checked this morning. The login worked! I couldn't access the account (or see my credit limit) though until I get the card in the mail as it wants the security code but I was approved. Maybe I will call in later on today and find out.

They pulled TU btw.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card for College Students

Congrats. Citi is a good company and the card will grow with you.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured I would give an update. I received an $800 credit limit like with my Forward.

Message 4 of 5
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! 

My first independent credit card was Citi's Dividend Platinum Select Visa for College Students. It has grown with me and has one of my highest limits, at $19,000, spanning three product changes (Dividend to Diamond, then replaced by Thank You). Citi is also my primary issuer of credit cards. I have several cards with them, and they've treated me very well.

Citi is a great company to build a relationship with. Smiley Happy

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.