cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Platinum Visa acceptance!!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Citi Dividend Platinum Visa acceptance!!

Well, right after I post in the gardening for October thread, I couldn't resist app'ing. 

Applied for Discover Student, got denied. Called backdoor for recon but the lady wouldn't budge. She said my accounts were too new and I needed some more history.

After this I just said "screw it" the damage has been done (hard pull), might as well try for Citi while I'm at it....applied for Dividend Platinum Visa for College Students and wasn't instantly approved. Though I did get a page before my decision page prompting me to sign up for online banking, payment protection, etc. so I was going to have a meltdown if they lead me on and don't approve!

So I got to the approval page and it said they needed more info...so I did a little online chat thingy and they verified a few things (identity and the like) and about 5 minutes later the rep comes back and WHAM! Approved with $4,000 CL!!!!!! Smiley Surprised This blows my $300 Cap1 cards and $500 CU card totally out of the water! My jaw literally almost hit the floor I couldn't believe it. I thought even if I got approved it'd be for $1k or under but $4,000??? YES PLESE!

Just recently had a collections deleted...my denied message from Discover said I had a 713 TU FICO. 

I'm so happy! Should be recieving my card in about a week! Thanks to everyone here for all the information; this site really is amazing!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Visa acceptance!!

Congrats!!!!! Great approval and starting CL!!! Woo hoo!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 14
Elated
Contributor

That is wonderful Florida State 12...congrats!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Great CL Congrats !!

Message 4 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Thanks guys! I'm still in disbelief...I don't think I'll actually believe until I have the card in my hands. Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 5 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Do you know what bureau they checked?

Message 6 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Do you know what bureau they checked?

No, sorry, they didn't say and I didn't think to ask. 

Seems the only time a lender tells you your score and where they got it is when you get denied lol

Photobucket
Message 7 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

HOLY CRAP! Just applied for AMEX Zync and got instantly approved!!!! Smiley Surprised

I'm starting to think someone is playing a cruel, cruel joke on me!

Photobucket
Message 8 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Man you're on a roll !!

Your EX is FICO?

Message 9 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Man you're on a roll !!

Your EX is FICO?

That was my FICO when I had a collections a while back...I'm guessing it has went up substantially!

Photobucket
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.