Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Dividend Platinum

Anyone have any experience with this card?  My girlfriend got a pre-approval in the mail for it.  I believe its 1% cash back on everything with bonus 5% back on special catagories. sounds just like the Discover More.  oh, and 0% for 15 months.  Do you have to jump through hoops to redeem the cash back with the Citi Dividend?

This would be her first cc.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ajbuchanjr

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum

I have this card.  It is similar to the Chase Freedom card (1% cash back,  with rotating 5% special categories).  Cash out minimum is $50 in the form of a check and a max of $300 back a year.  The "unlimited" only applies to purchases through the Citi Bonus Cash Center.  Chase is easier to redeem - $20 minimum and you can apply it as a statement credit on a specific item.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

so, comparing this to lets say a Cap one No Hassle cash rewards card no AF,  which would you guys pick? 

I dont think there is a limit on cash back on the Cap one is there?  What about the Discover More,  Is it .25 back for the first $3000 like there
Motiva/open road cards?  any cash back limit on the Discover more?

Message 3 of 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I have Citi Dividend Platinum and a Cap One card with cashback (see below). I like both actually. 

With Citi Div. Platinum, you get 5% cashback for first six months, 2~5% on rotating category, 1% otherwise.

--- It offers virtual credit card number. You can generate virtual credit card number for phone/internet purchase, so you don't have to give out the real number. Plus these virtual numbers are 1 shop use only, and expire in 1 month.

--- Also offers MasterCard paypass, though not embedded physically in the card itself.

--- High threshold for redemption, $50 minimum to redeem checks.

--- Cashback is posted on next statements.

With Cap 1 No Hassle, you get 2% on grocery/gas, 1% otherwise.

--- No threshold for redemption, redeem at any time.

--- You get cashback as soon as the purchase is posted.

--- CS is really bad. Call backdoor number if you need assistance.

--- Random CLI.

Unless you shop a lot online, I would skip Discover More. It is either Citi Div. Platinum or Chase Freedom.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.