Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Visa cards are changing to MC

tag
Zanarov
Valued Member

Citi Dividend Visa cards are changing to MC

So today I logged onto my account to make a early payment, the first thing I notice is that: my card number is wrong - its saying master card- I need to activate a new card -naturally this causes some small amount of concern.

So I call CS and I get some interesting news, apparently I applied during a transition where Citi is changing the Dividend Visa cards to MC to provide "better benefits"  This most likely means more money for Citi so it should be interesting to see what it says when I receive my new card. 

BUT the good news is that I wanted to change to MC anyway, and this is much better then the 6 months they had told me I would need to wait before a change! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend Visa cards are changing to MC

Awesome.  I'd much rather have to MC version too.

Their website still shows the visa version.  Did they say that all new apps are gonna be MC?

Message 2 of 4
Zanarov
Valued Member

I'm not sure, he only told me that I applied during their transition period that's why I got switched to MC version. If you are thinking about applying just call and request the MC version, it should be no issue since they offer MC anyway. (In the past as a PC after 6 months or applying via phone and requesting it) 

@ccnewcc wrote:

Awesome.  I'd much rather have to MC version too.

Their website still shows the visa version.  Did they say that all new apps are gonna be MC?

Message 3 of 4
YahComb
Established Contributor

Isnt the dividend the card they stopped offering in MC in favor if Visa just last year?

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.