Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend instant approval

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Citi Dividend instant approval

Ok, after receiving pre-approvals for Citi credit cards in the mail (no the Dividend, though), I finally checked them out.

I liked the Dividend Plat Visa with a $200 bonus (if you spend $500 in the first three months) and the 5% quartlerly category.

I wanted to remain in garden mode but I caved in. I was approved online for $7500. Fico scores in the 770s, low util (1%), AAoA 4 years.

Now I need to stop apping. My last app was in June for the Chase Freedom.

I just checked my Credit Karma profile and the inquiry doesn't show up on TU (isn't that what CK uses?). Are they EQ or EX pullers? Do they usually pull more than one report?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Dividend instant approval

Credit Karma is a TU based CMS. It could take several days for CK to show the inq, I had two inq's hit the year mark (one on Dec 6th and Dec 9th) as of today it only shows that one has been removed, and both my TransRisk and Vantage scores went up because of that.

Congratulations on the approval, Awesome CL as well!!!

Message 2 of 11
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Thanks!

I guess I'll check Credit Karma again in a few days.I don't want to pay to find out what they pulled, though.

Has anyone had luck calling Citi after an approval and finding out what they pulled and what score the approval was based on? Do they answer such questions?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No harm in asking.

Citi: 888-201-4523 (New App Approval Status)

or

Citi App Status: 800-645-7240, 800-288-4653, 800-750-7453

Both sets of those numbers were in the Backdoor #'s thread, I have no idea which works LOL.

Message 4 of 11
dharalex
Established Contributor

I'm in MO and my DH and I got Citi cards in Aug. EQ pulls for both.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 11
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Experian in NYC.

Grats on the card. One of my favorites. Also, CITI is very good with CLI's.  

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Message 6 of 11
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Called the number that mustang provided.

Lady reading her script. Lots of hiccups while doing so. Terrible.Started telling me about "my" 0% intro offer (that I don't have because I got the $200 deal without the intro period), then realized that she'd made a mistake. Instead of correcting it, she just bit her tongue. She then told me that "if I am able to spend $500" I will get the $200. The critical part, three months, she didn't mention.

All she would provide me with that they pulled Experian.The score she wouldn't tell me. She "didn't have that information" Yeah, right. Welcome to the world of Citi customer service.

Message 7 of 11
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

So, has anyone who has been approved for a Citi card ever gotten their score from them? By means of sweet-talking a CSR or writing a letter or what not? Just curious...

I realize that I was close to getting my EX Fico score. I've never seen that score. Is there still hope? Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what the APR is?

If you did not get the best terms they have to offer, by law they are required to send you a letter stating which CRA they pulled, the reasons why you did not get their best terms, and most importantly, your EX FICO score. (Since you said they pulled EX).

Do you know if you got their best terms?

Part of the Dodd-Frank Act.......

Now, if you’re turned down or if you are issued a card with a high interest rate, the issuer will have to detail exactly why you have these adverse terms.

If you get abnormal terms on a credit card (a higher interest rate, say), are denied for the card outright, or have to pay a higher insurance premium, then the issuer will have to tell you 1) your credit score and 2) any information they used in addition to your credit score.

(Quoted from NerdWallet)

Message 9 of 11
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I just got a Citi card (Platinum Select) and they told me the score at the time of approval (instant) and also sent it to me in the mail with all the paperwork along with the card.