Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend recon no news?..

tag
jerryda

Citi Dividend recon no news?..

Hi guys, 

I applied for Citi Dividend visa card on 12/19 and got rejected due to 'too many inquires'. Then I maied a letter and some additional documents to Citi, they got the package 10 days ago. So far I did not hear any new from Citi. When I call the number to check my application status, the same rejected message without any change. Does it mean my recon failed either?..

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend recon no news?..

In my case I mailed the letter around November 15th and got approval email around Dec 30th....

Message 2 of 12
jerryda

Did you try to check the status over phone during that period? Had the rejected reason ever changed? I just found mine has changed. They said "too many inquires" twice!! I remember when i checked the status over phone right after I submitted the original application, they said 'You application has been rejected. The reason is 'too many inquires'. But now the phone server said You application has been rejected. The reason is 'too many inquires', 'too many inquire'.. hmmm not sure if the recon people added it...

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jerryda wrote:

Hi guys, 

I applied for Citi Dividend visa card on 12/19 and got rejected due to 'too many inquires'. Then I maied a letter and some additional documents to Citi, they got the package 10 days ago. So far I did not hear any new from Citi. When I call the number to check my application status, the same rejected message without any change. Does it mean my recon failed either?..

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

IIRC, some of these do take a while to process.  Eventually, be aware, that they will pull another HP.  Just part of the reconsideration process.

Message 4 of 12
jerryda

Yes, I indeed expect another HP. But if they finally approve the card, then it is worthy..just the same as I do a re-apply in the future

Message 5 of 12
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

There was no HP for me on recon.. But I specifically mentioned that in my note to them

Message 6 of 12
jerryda

Mentioned what?

@ibmrad7 wrote:

There was no HP for me on recon.. But I specifically mentioned that in my note to them

Message 7 of 12
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@jerryda wrote:

Mentioned what?

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Mentioned that I won't like to proceed with the recon if it needs a HP. I attached my latest pay stubs and report copy.

Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@jerryda wrote:

Mentioned what?

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Mentioned that I won't like to proceed with the recon if it needs a HP. I attached my latest pay stubs and report copy.

Might be a little late for the OP...LOL.  But, they still reserve the right to HP - permissible purpose still applies since OP is appealing the original decision.

Message 9 of 12
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

You are right FinStar :-) little late now.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.