Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,926
Registered: ‎10-03-2008
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World ELITE

[ Edited ]

Of interest, I had a Citi Thank You Mastercard since April 2009. Called in to customer service and explained I wanted cash and some travel benefits. The rep took some time and explored the Citi system for cards fitting my request. When we were done she product changed me to the Citi World Elite Mastercard. My CL was $6,750 (no credit line increase) and my purchases apr was 15.9% lowered to 14.24% and cash at 25.9% with no AF and BT's at 0.0%. Took 45 days plus 10 days mailing starting in February 2013 and receiving the card in early April 2013.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: EX 825 TU 835 EQ 828 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 232
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World

[ Edited ]

Wanderer wrote:

Of interest, I had a Citi Thank You Mastercard since April 2009. Called in to customer service and explained I wanted cash and some travel benefits. The rep took some time and explored the Citi system for cards fitting my request. When we were done she product changed me to the Citi World Elite Mastercard. My CL was $6,750 (no credit line increase) and my purchases apr was 15.9% lowered to 14.24% and cash at 25.9% with no AF and BT's at 0.0%. Took 45 days plus 10 days mailing starting in February 2013 and receiving the card in early April 2013.


Was it still a Thank You card after the PC? Or did you go for something else?

Citi DC VS - 11.4k - 12.24% - 6/12 ~ Chase Ink+ WEMC - 5k - 10.24% - 7/12 ~ Chase Freedom VS - 5k - 12.99% - 2/13 ~ Chase Hyatt VS - 5k - 15.24% - 6/13 ~ Amex Hilton - 5.8k -13.99% - 8/13 ~ Chase IHG WMC - 3k - 15.24% - 1/14 ~ Chase Ink$ VS - 5k - 13.24% - 5/14 ~ NFCU $ VS - 20k - 9.65% - 12/14 ~ Citi AA WEMC - 2.9k - 10.24% - 12/14
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,926
Registered: ‎10-03-2008
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World ELITE

[ Edited ]

No, it was product changed to a Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard. Benefits of the Citi Dividend Card and all of the World Elite Mastercard (see www.mastercard.com). Benefits focus on travel, hotel and elite type of products. Great for a traveler. There is a 3% Foreign Transaction Fee and the Travel Lounge is by permit and a fee of $27 I believe. Hope this helps.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: EX 825 TU 835 EQ 828 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,926
Registered: ‎10-03-2008
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World ELITE

[ Edited ]

How did you get a Chase Ink + WEMC? I have the cash version of the card since 2006 with $10K CL and 12.24%.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: EX 825 TU 835 EQ 828 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,066
Registered: ‎03-16-2013
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World

[ Edited ]

370Z wrote:

Wanderer wrote:

Of interest, I had a Citi Thank You Mastercard since April 2009. Called in to customer service and explained I wanted cash and some travel benefits. The rep took some time and explored the Citi system for cards fitting my request. When we were done she product changed me to the Citi World Elite Mastercard. My CL was $6,750 (no credit line increase) and my purchases apr was 15.9% lowered to 14.24% and cash at 25.9% with no AF and BT's at 0.0%. Took 45 days plus 10 days mailing starting in February 2013 and receiving the card in early April 2013.


Was it still a Thank You card after the PC? Or did you go for something else?


I would think he still has the thank you card just the WEMC version.  Thank You is the product World elite is just a type of MC.  Just like I have the Citi dividend WEMC.

 

Also somehow with Citi you don't need a 5k credit limit to be WEMC not like chase with their CSP.  Honestly by doing this they are making a watered down product.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 232
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World


Wanderer wrote:
How did you get a Chase Ink + WEMC? I have the cash version of the card since 2006 with $10K CL and 12.24%.

The Ink Plus and Bold cards only come in WEMC. You'd have to apply for one of them.

Citi DC VS - 11.4k - 12.24% - 6/12 ~ Chase Ink+ WEMC - 5k - 10.24% - 7/12 ~ Chase Freedom VS - 5k - 12.99% - 2/13 ~ Chase Hyatt VS - 5k - 15.24% - 6/13 ~ Amex Hilton - 5.8k -13.99% - 8/13 ~ Chase IHG WMC - 3k - 15.24% - 1/14 ~ Chase Ink$ VS - 5k - 13.24% - 5/14 ~ NFCU $ VS - 20k - 9.65% - 12/14 ~ Citi AA WEMC - 2.9k - 10.24% - 12/14
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,926
Registered: ‎10-03-2008
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World ELITE

[ Edited ]

Some confusion on my part. Hard to follow some of the comments.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: EX 825 TU 835 EQ 828 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 91
Registered: ‎09-16-2012
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World

Got a picture of what it looks like?

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,002
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World

This forum doesn't allow to post the picture of the card.


Ron.
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,002
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Citi Dividend upgrade to MC World

Here is the welcome kit of the card.

link:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/pdf/divworldELITEmc_welcome_kit.pdf


It might give you an idea what the card is going to look like.


Ron.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.