Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend????

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Citi Dividend????

Is my Dividend card errored?

The card magnetic strip is where it is supposed to be along the Citi logo on top but the words are the opposite way when you try to read them. (They're upside down)

Or is anyone else's card also produced this way? 

Or all of them supposed to be that way. lol

Would post a pic if a mod would let me lol 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend????

That's just the design of the card. On more than one occasion both my Discover IT card and my Citi Dividend Card have confused cashiers. One time when I used my Discover IT card at Burger King, it took the girl about a minute to figure out where the magnetic stripe was on it. I was standing there not knowing if I should say something or just continue to wait.

Message 2 of 5
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

My dividend was the same way. I love giving my CSP to people and it takes them a minute to figure out how to swipe it

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 3 of 5
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Is my Dividend card errored?

The card magnetic strip is where it is supposed to be along the Citi logo on top but the words are the opposite way when you try to read them. (They're upside down)

Or is anyone else's card also produced this way? 

Or all of them supposed to be that way. lol

Would post a pic if a mod would let me lol 

You don't have a messed up card...that is just the way Citi designs their cards.  All the replacement cards I have gotten with my Citi Dividend have all been that way (upside down on the back...as you describe it).

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 4 of 5
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@PokemonMaster wrote:

That's just the design of the card. On more than one occasion both my Discover IT card and my Citi Dividend Card have confused cashiers. One time when I used my Discover IT card at Burger King, it took the girl about a minute to figure out where the magnetic stripe was on it. I was standing there not knowing if I should say something or just continue to wait.

That's funny...since being introduced to the forum and reading up on cards, I typically have a handle of where the mag stripe is on all cards and when the customer decides to let me swipe, I swipe it correctly 99.99% of the time. Customers, on the other hand...

Customer: *swipes card with magnetic strip facing out*

Me: "Do you mind swiping it one more time? Just flip it around and it should go through fine!"

Customer: *flips card upside down*

Me: "I'm sorry, the card is upside down; flip it right-side up and swipe it with the strip facing toward the machine."

Customer: *swipes card with magnetic strip facing out again*

Me: *sighs inwardly* "No, wait, flip it...yeah...now....no....THAT way! Yes!"

And that's just with a plain ol' vanilla Visa XD

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.