Established Contributor
Rackham94

Citi Dividend????

Is my Dividend card errored?

The card magnetic strip is where it is supposed to be along the Citi logo on top but the words are the opposite way when you try to read them. (They're upside down)

Or is anyone else's card also produced this way? 

Or all of them supposed to be that way. lol

Would post a pic if a mod would let me lol 

Frequent Contributor
JollehRoger

Re: Citi Dividend????

[ Edited ]

That's just the design of the card. On more than one occasion both my Discover IT card and my Citi Dividend Card have confused cashiers. One time when I used my Discover IT card at Burger King, it took the girl about a minute to figure out where the magnetic stripe was on it. I was standing there not knowing if I should say something or just continue to wait.

Scores: TU - 756 (Discover FICO - 10/01/2014), EQ - 716 (MyFico FICO - 12/1/2013)
Current Cards: NFCU cashRewards Sig - 5k, Amex BCE - 9.5k, Discover It - 5k, Citi Dividend WE- 5k, Chase Freedom - 4k
Last App: 6/10/2014. In the garden for a few years.
Regular Contributor
a3quit4s

My dividend was the same way. I love giving my CSP to people and it takes them a minute to figure out how to swipe it

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Regular Contributor
GeneralCucumbre

Rackham94 wrote:

Is my Dividend card errored?

The card magnetic strip is where it is supposed to be along the Citi logo on top but the words are the opposite way when you try to read them. (They're upside down)

Or is anyone else's card also produced this way? 

Or all of them supposed to be that way. lol

Would post a pic if a mod would let me lol 

You don't have a messed up card...that is just the way Citi designs their cards.  All the replacement cards I have gotten with my Citi Dividend have all been that way (upside down on the back...as you describe it).

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $25,000 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $22,000
Chase Slate Visa - $10,800 | Citi AT&T Universal MC - $13,600 | Best Buy (Citi) Card - $8,000
USAA Platinum MC - $16,000 | AMEX Everyday - $17,000
Amazon Store Card - $3,800
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

JollehRoger wrote:

That's just the design of the card. On more than one occasion both my Discover IT card and my Citi Dividend Card have confused cashiers. One time when I used my Discover IT card at Burger King, it took the girl about a minute to figure out where the magnetic stripe was on it. I was standing there not knowing if I should say something or just continue to wait.

That's funny...since being introduced to the forum and reading up on cards, I typically have a handle of where the mag stripe is on all cards and when the customer decides to let me swipe, I swipe it correctly 99.99% of the time. Customers, on the other hand...

Customer: *swipes card with magnetic strip facing out*

Me: "Do you mind swiping it one more time? Just flip it around and it should go through fine!"

Customer: *flips card upside down*

Me: "I'm sorry, the card is upside down; flip it right-side up and swipe it with the strip facing toward the machine."

Customer: *swipes card with magnetic strip facing out again*

Me: *sighs inwardly* "No, wait, flip it...yeah...now....no....THAT way! Yes!"

And that's just with a plain ol' vanilla Visa XD

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 759 EQ 718 TU 740 Credit Karma (TU) 790 Transrisk 820/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 774 VantageScore 3.0 726 Quizzle (EQ) 721

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}