cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash $100 Signup Bonus with $500 in Spend.

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash $100 Signup Bonus with $500 in Spend.

Would have been nice if they’d offered this when I got mine last year. Between regular cash back from spend and price rewinds, though, I’ve already gotten well over $100 from using this card.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads-up; nice to see them starting a SUB for this

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally got 2 of these cards in the past 2 weeks smh
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juansito

any data points? 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cold app for first $500 sl, mailer for second $1000

630 across,
1 paid co from capital one from 2012
39% util
3 inq
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

They're finally offering a sign up bonus for this card? I guess Citi finally realized the DC rewards' system is no longer unqiue or top of the line. 

I SUB is nice, but certainly the DC doesn't need it to remain a strong card in the wallet for most people. While not totally unique, it's not like there's a load of options for a simple unlimited 2% card. Opening an account with Fidelity isn't a huge drawback, but it's an extra hoop that I don't feel like jumping through when I don't have to (and I don't because the DC exists). Same deal with the PayPal card. Depositing rewards to PayPal account isn't a huge hassle, but for those of us that only use PayPal to pay fantasy football league dues, it's a step I'd prefer not to fool with.  Blispay doesn't interest me (IIRC, it's a hidden tradeline, right? which I have no interest in).

Unless I'm missing something, if I want a simple, straight-forward 2% card that will deposit rewards right into my checking account (or any account I choose) without an extra step, the DC is still my only option. "Unique" and "top of the line" need not be flashy. Just let me use the card and get the rewards in the way I'd prefer without extra steps. The DC is boring, and that's a feature.

Sure, a SUB makes it a little more attractive, but I've earned about $1500 back from the DC in about 16 months. A $100 SUB wouldn't have impacted my choice much.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to app instant approval!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.