Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash 30 Day Pending

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash 30 Day Pending

Why does Citi keep (canceled) pending charges for 30 days while most credit cards drop it after a few business days?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash 30 Day Pending

It's some sort of risk mitigation tool, I've asked many times why and each time the Citi CSRs simply tell me they'll fall off after a "few days." I know that's a canned response because of its ambiguousness, and every CSR repeats it the same way. I've had gas and hotel charges post in their final amounts and the auths will stay there. But you're right, other companies will remove them when the charges post or after about 5 days. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noticed the same thing and called in. Citi CSR's removed the pending after I pushed. My real charge had gone through many days back.
Message 3 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:
Noticed the same thing and called in. Citi CSR's removed the pending after I pushed. My real charge had gone through many days back.

Your exactly right and like some been getting rather peeved over this Citi analomy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

probably the same reason why payments reduce your balance but do not increase your available credit for up to a week..

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

probably the same reason why payments reduce your balance but do not increase your available credit for up to a week..

This used to happen to my accounts, but it doesn't any more. Now when I make a payment the balance & available credit update immediately.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't experienced this issue, but thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.