cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash -- Any recent customer-initiated upgrades from World to World Elite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash -- Any recent customer-initiated upgrades from World to World Elite?

Has anyone recently requested and received an upgrade from World MasterCard to a World Elite MasterCard on the Citi Double Cash card?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash -- Any recent customer-initiated upgrades from World to World Elite?

I dunno about a direct request but I've heard of folks asking for a replacement card and it coming issued as such.
Message 2 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash -- Any recent customer-initiated upgrades from World to World Elite?

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone recently requested and received an upgrade from World MasterCard to a World Elite MasterCard on the Citi Double Cash card?

I have a "plain"  (i.e. not even world) DC and asked about an upgrade via secure message.   They told me to call, but in the end I couldn't be bothered.

Message 3 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TrialByFire wrote:
I dunno about a direct request but I've heard of folks asking for a replacement card and it coming issued as such.

IIRC, only a couple individuals on this site did this a while ago (one was due to fraud on their card and requesting a new plastic but doubts this caused the upgrade).  Can you cite the specific examples for those that did because that hasn't been the case.  Several others who have tried the said "replacement plastic/new cc trick" have not worked (i.e. same version was reissued), especially for MF members thelethargicage and SebastianZzzz (amongst several).

AFAIK, any customer-initiated requests for the Double Cash WEMC upgrade (post-last year's system conversions) wouldn't even be available.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are benefits of upgrading?
Message 5 of 18
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Fin thank you for pointing that out...you're correct one of those was -Cal- with the fraud replacement. I think Jsucool76 had a thread about requesting an upgrade but I don't know the final outcome of that situation. It seems the rest were for another citi product or suggestions to request replacement.
Message 6 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TrialByFire wrote:
Fin thank you for pointing that out...you're correct one of those was -Cal- with the fraud replacement. I think Jsucool76 had a thread about requesting an upgrade but I don't know the final outcome of that situation. It seems the rest were for another citi product or suggestions to request replacement.

Interestingly enough for some folks (including myself) who PC'd from another Citi WEMC product to the Double Cash were able to retain the same version (mine also retained the Flexible Spending Limit feature), but the PC outcome varied for individuals.  A newly-issued Double Cash WEMC doesn't even come with this feature for example (and not sure how many folks really use that TBH).

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no luck last year trying a couple times to do this and no luck...talked to several different reps and even went higher up. Closed card after run around. Decided to press my luck last month and applied for the card. Got the WEMC edition.

Message 8 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty sure they all are issued as WEMC now (i think they can get better swipe fee's).  Just let them know your card is damaged and grab a replacement. Worth a try for starters.

Message 9 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had no luck last year trying a couple times to do this and no luck...talked to several different reps and even went higher up. Closed card after run around. Decided to press my luck last month and applied for the card. Got the WEMC edition.

Right, this was pretty much discussed all along for individuals who were not successfult.  The point is, what other meaningful benefits did you receive with the WEMC?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.