Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Balance Transfer

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Double Cash Balance Transfer

@core wrote:

FinStar you have it a bit backwards.  OP doesn't have any balance transfers on Citi.  He/she is wanting to pay off his Citi balances (which are all qualifying puchases) with a BT sent from another bank.  I agree that balance transfers originating at Citi would not earn anything.

Ok, maybe I read it backwards.  It seemed like the OP wanted to BT to CITI so I re-read the post again.  So, if the OP is carrying a balance (which includes all purchase activity) and then pays it off with a BT check (or similar instrument), then that would essentially qualify for the remaining 1% on the payment(s).  Sorry, confusion station here.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@core You are correct. I was considering getting the Chase Slate and balance transferring my Citi balance to it. I've already earned 1% on the current balance, and just want to know if I lose out on the other 1% if I pay it thru BT.

It's just recorded as any ACH payment.  Definitely would get the 1%

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough, thank you all for the feedback Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. My dad was having trouble using a Wells Fargo balance transfer check at Home Depot so we put his purchase on my Citi DC card. Then, he called up WF and paid off my DC card with a balance transfer. I got the 1% for the purchase and the 1% for the balance transfer payment. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.