Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Card - 200 Cash Back Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash Card - 200 Cash Back Bonus

Hello Myfico members! 

Newbie here. I recently got approved for the Citi Double Cash Card, and I'm excited about adding this card to my collection. The only thing is, I want to get the 200 cashback bonus, but not having much luck with sending secured messages asking for it to be applied to the account. Has anyone recently had any luck with getting this added to their account? I've tried 2 times already and no luck, was thinking of maybe waiting a couple days before I tried again. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Card - 200 Cash Back Bonus

The success and failures of others I hope it helps.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?location=forum-board%3Acreditcard&q=ci...

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked via secured message and they told me to kick rocks. I paid in full and now I am not charging anything to the card. I know they won't care, but not running money through their account is the only way I can show my displeasure. I hope you find a way to get it added to your account, I had no such luck.

Message 3 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

With Citi it's best to channel that issue directly thru to their EO. They can prove more responsive and if they can't or won't get it done for you then it can't be done at all.

Message 4 of 24
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I think sending a SM for the Citi DC promo ship has sailed. 

Too many people were publishing how to get it done on the internet (reddit, other card forums/blogs, etc..), even referring to posts here on myFICO. I'm pretty sure Citi caught on to it. 

Message 5 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

Too many people were publishing how to get it done on the internet (reddit, other card forums/blogs, etc..), even referring to posts here on myFICO. I'm pretty sure Citi caught on to it. 

+1

And is exactly why going the EO route would be the absolute only way now. that is if they would even consider it.

Message 6 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked via secured message and they told me to kick rocks. I paid in full and now I am not charging anything to the card. I know they won't care, but not running money through their account is the only way I can show my displeasure. I hope you find a way to get it added to your account, I had no such luck.

They certainly won't care or note your displeasure!  Just make sure that you are not hurting yourself giving up rewards (i.e. I hope you are using other cards with equivalent rewards(

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

+1

And is exactly why going the EO route would be the absolute only way now. that is if they would even consider it.

Sorry I'm still unfamiliar with some of the terms. What does EO mean? And is there a contact number for the EO? Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for that Smiley Happy I will be sure to keep you guys posted with this. I'm very determined but as you expressed, you seemed pretty determined too. It's really unfair for Citi to give the promotion to a select few - which we all have witnessed and reject others. This shows a weakness in their level of service and also shows the customer is not the priority. They shouldn't have an offer like this if they can't afford to treat all card members equally. Other credit card companies make their offers readily available and easy to add on if you missed out on it. I remember with my Chase Sapphire card I had the same problem happen and they simply added the offer with no need of proof / hassle what so ever. IMO, this is a bad way to start things off. 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They certainly won't care or note your displeasure!  Just make sure that you are not hurting yourself giving up rewards (i.e. I hope you are using other cards with equivalent rewards(

+1 even if we can't get the offer the card is still a great card for everyday purchases. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.