Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Card - Opinions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Card - Opinions?

I have a related question as the DC is my first Citi card. To request a SP CLI do they seem to usually be at six months or six statements? My first statement cut within a week or two of being approved.

As far as the DC goes I love it. I've been impressed how quickly the cash seems to add up. I've been offering to pay for group transactions of $1-2k and be reimbursed which has helped.
Message 11 of 26
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Does the DC come in WE version for new applicants or do you have to request it? Is it even an option?
Message 12 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Does the DC come in WE version for new applicants or do you have to request it? Is it even an option?

AFAIK, it is not available as a WEMC for new applicants.  It's typically issued as WMC.  Individuals have gone the route of requesting the upgrade and have yielded not-so-successful results.  There was one member who received a WEMC replacement from her original WMC (due to fraud perpetrated on the account), while some others have retained WEMC from a previous product.  I would imagine this option would be available at some point in the future but it seems to be hit or miss (or targeted to some individuals).

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

AFAIK, it is not available as a WEMC for new applicants.  It's typically issued as WMC.  Individuals have gone the route of requesting the upgrade and have yielded not-so-successful results.  There was one member who received a WEMC replacement from her original WMC (due to fraud perpetrated on the account), while some others have retained WEMC from a previous product.  I would imagine this option would be available at some point in the future but it seems to be hit or miss (or targeted to some individuals).

I was on the phone a little bit earlier in this regard. They claim there is no such thing as a WEMC and that both the regular and World have the World benefits. I have seen it and have seen pictures and told them this. They claim there system won't pull one up for them on their end. He did tell me there was some other product code I could switch to that would be the same exact Double Cash I already had. I hung up.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Otherwise it is a nice card and does earn cash back quickly...about double the rate of a 1% CB card. I like the lower redemption level of $25 compared to my old Dividend.

Message 15 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MstrPTato wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

I was on the phone a little bit earlier in this regard. They claim there is no such thing as a WEMC and that both the regular and World have the World benefits. I have seen it and have seen pictures and told them this. They claim there system won't pull one up for them on their end. He did tell me there was some other product code I could switch to that would be the same exact Double Cash I already had. I hung up.

When my Dividend WEMC was PC'd to Double Cash I wasn't sure if it would end up as WMC or standard MC.  And, in the end it wouldn't have mattered since I was happy I didn't have to apply for it.  The individual I spoke with was very knowledgeable of the MC/WMC/WEMC tiers but for some reason something couldn't be confirmed once the product was switched (a few times on hold and it was all done).  Then, I received the revised T&C which confirmed the upgrade/PC, surely the CC in the mail would be proof.  Low and behold, I received a WEMC Double Cash in the mail - so it does exist, just like the picture you've seen on the other thread.

Message 16 of 26
Maximuss
New Contributor

Just applied for this card. They pulled EX for the approval. If i ask for a CLI upon receiving the card What will they pull? Sorry for the hijack OP.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

When my Dividend WEMC was PC'd to Double Cash I wasn't sure if it would end up as WMC or standard MC.  And, in the end it wouldn't have mattered since I was happy I didn't have to apply for it.  The individual I spoke with was very knowledgeable of the MC/WMC/WEMC tiers but for some reason something couldn't be confirmed once the product was switched (a few times on hold and it was all done).  Then, I received the revised T&C which confirmed the upgrade/PC, surely the CC in the mail would be proof.  Low and behold, I received a WEMC Double Cash in the mail - so it does exist, just like the picture you've seen on the other thread.

I have lost hope...not that I care but I had the Dividend World and felt downgrded on conversion. I will call when I am bored again.

Message 18 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Maximuss wrote:

Just applied for this card. They pulled EX for the approval. If i ask for a CLI upon receiving the card What will they pull? Sorry for the hijack OP.

They will likely pull the same CR, however YEMV.

Message 19 of 26
Maximuss
New Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Maximuss wrote:

They will likely pull the same CR, however YEMV.

Thanks!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.