Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash FYI

tag
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash FYI

I got the pop up to app for this card from my Citi log in.....but I did not give in to the temptation Smiley Surprised Instead, I headed straight to here to see what people are saying. Think I am still holding out until the last quarter of the year to apply for another card.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 21 of 35
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Tried to PC my Citi Dividends and was told i had to wait until 09/07/14 to make a PC

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 22 of 35
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

I didn't even know the QuickSilver had the $100 back deal! I thought about apping for it awhile back but the excellent credit qualification scared me away a bit awhile ago and I didn't want to be stuck with the QS1 instead, and I've heard of Capital One starting with really low limits.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 23 of 35
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Which ones are they or do you have a link i would be interested in reading about them.

There are a lot of 2% Visa/MC either have restriction or goes away.

* Charles Schwab Visa (gone)

* Household Bank MC (gone)

* Priceline Visa (new applicant only gets 1%)

* NASA FCU Visa (requires annual spending of $2K)

* Fidelity Visa (requires annual spending of $15K)

* Capital One Venture ($59 AF)

* Barclaycard Arrival+ ($89 AF)

Given that Citi is notorious for nerfinf rewards frequently, I'm not putting much faith on this Double Cash.

Don't forget to add two of Citi's own, the Driver's Edge: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/template.do?ID=credit-card-rewards

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 24 of 35
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

In light of this thread informing me about the $100 back on QuickSilver and the math involved for comparing that to the DCC, I went for the QuickSilver and got instantly approved for 10k! Very excited and I think it is the right decision.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 25 of 35
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

In light of this thread informing me about the $100 back on QuickSilver and the math involved for comparing that to the DCC, I went for the QuickSilver and got instantly approved for 10k! Very excited and I think it is the right decision.

Gratz nice CL, the quicksilver is an really nice card to have :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 26 of 35
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

Gratz nice CL, the quicksilver is an really nice card to have :-)

Not with a $500 CL Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 27 of 35
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Aesthetically,

Double Cash is uglier than QS, but alas I have no Chiti or Crapital One products LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 35
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I've noticed that Citi replaced the Dividend's card with Double Cash, so does that mean current Dividend card holder's would be automatically converted over to the new card some time soon?

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Aesthetically,

Double Cash is uglier than QS, but alas I have no Chiti or Crapital One products LOL

I kindly beg to differ. QS came in the mail today and I highly doubt Double Cash could possibly be uglier than this. Great card but its the cheapest looking piece of ____ I've ever seen.......what is this cardboard?! Smiley Surprised Went online and requested an image change for a new card immediately! Not that the looks are a priority but I'm certainly thankful to have design options

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.