Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash - I did what I said I wouldn't :P

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash - I did what I said I wouldn't :P

How can you find that much to apply for?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 31 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

There are hundreds (probably thousands) of cards to apply for, from all the CUs, banks and co-branded cards.   Now whether you SHOULD apply, that's another question!

Message 32 of 66
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

"Just one more, just one more...."

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 33 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Not always applying. Quarter my inquires are from credit limit increases and i heard that what creditors look for under your inquires. It's one thing you have an inquiry but if the inquiry is no where to be found as one of your accounts on your credit report than they know you been denied or even worst Smiley Indifferent That's why after they put a big dent with 5 - 7 inquiries shopping for car loans i knew i had to take one because it would make me look bad on paper. I was upset because if i were to turn down everyone like i did with Chase, ( i think they wanted 10% APR ! it would've made me look liked a fool but now they see all my inquires and see i have choosen one they won't hold it against me. 

Message 34 of 66
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@JenniferinFL wrote:

Yeah, Citi hates inquiries. That was their only decline reason for my husband and he only had 3 inquiries in the past year at the time he applied and a 758 on whatever bureau they pulled, can't remember which.

They send him an offer probably every other week, but, don't think we'll bother app'ing them again.

Thx for this info. I will be sure to make them my first app next year when I go on my final spree.

hahaha.... I remember my first "final spree." It was the one before my 9 inq extravaganza this past Feb. And I am already planning my next spree (mini spree)....so don't be so pessimistic baller.... Smiley Wink

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 35 of 66
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha. Well let me put it like this. They are currently only 5 more cards I want which will bring my total to 15 once I drop the two on the chopping block. I really don't want to manage more than that.
Message 36 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Haha. Well let me put it like this. They are currently only 5 more cards I want which will bring my total to 15 once I drop the two on the chopping block. I really don't want to manage more than that.

i feel behind my own society, missing out perhaps. Let me know which 2 i should already have Smiley Happy

Citi Double Cash 

American Express Everday 

US Bank Cash+ 

Chase Freedom 

Chase Shappire 

Sam’s Club Mastercard 

beats 

Chase AARP 3% restaurant 3% gas 

Message 37 of 66
baller4life
Super Contributor

Those are all nice cards. You have to decide for yourself which fit your lifestyle and if you really have the need for anymore. Personally, I'm just trying to thicken my file with a variety of creditors. I'm anal about diversification given the fact so many creditors are bipolar and will cld or close accts in a heartbeat. So, when I started rebuilding I decided I wanted a card from all major players and a couple CUs. The ones left are:
US Bank Cash+
Amex ED(transfer limit from Delta and close)
Chase Sapphire
Citi Double Cash
USAA Rate Adv

Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards

That's my 2015 spree list. Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 66
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Damn girl! You definitely have more cards than I do.....perhaps you SHOULD stop....lol jk Smiley Wink 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 39 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lmao!! And I bet half of them are from Navy!! That's why I'm chilling for two yrs with no apps, except an apt next year. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.