cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash WORLD MasterCard or Visa Signature ?

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash WORLD MasterCard or Visa Signature ?

@ficobgtx wrote:

I checked on CK too... All of my VSigs show as "Account Type: Flexible Spending Credit Card". Same with my World and WEMCs.

MY DC was an Amex so obviously the number changed. 

Ahh you're right. I wasn't looking under "account type" in the details but the columb headings in the summary. So yes, the Visa Signatures do show up as Flexible Spending Cards. And also correct that the DC doesn't show that; it just says "credit card."

Message 91 of 95
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My card says World Elite but I don't think it really is one.

Mine says plain Mastercard but I know it's at least a World MC since I can sign into the Mastercard conscierge app with the first 6 digits of the card number.

What does it show in your credit report?   Mine just says Credit Card rather than Flexible Spending, which makes me thing mine really is a plain MC.   But It should try your test

Well on CreditKarma (which is what I use to monitor reports) it says credit card, but that's the same designation it has for my Visa Signatures (I have 2). I don't have a MyFICO subscription as I get my FICO scores from various lenders. The conscierge app should only allow World and World Elite MCs to log in though. Also, before I switched my card to a DC, it was a Dividend, and the Dividend did say "World" on it. The card number did not change when I PC'd.

I checked on CK too... All of my VSigs show as "Account Type: Flexible Spending Credit Card". Same with my World and WEMCs.

Yes, my VS and WEMC show correctly on CK, although I did yfan's test and I got in.   I think mine was a PC from a TYP World MC, for some reason I think the number changed but not sure.  But it makes sense in yfans case as the app is doing very little checking, just 6 digits of what was previously a World.   Have you tried getting service from them?

Message 92 of 95
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine says plain Mastercard but I know it's at least a World MC since I can sign into the Mastercard conscierge app with the first 6 digits of the card number.

What does it show in your credit report?   Mine just says Credit Card rather than Flexible Spending, which makes me thing mine really is a plain MC.   But It should try your test

Well on CreditKarma (which is what I use to monitor reports) it says credit card, but that's the same designation it has for my Visa Signatures (I have 2). I don't have a MyFICO subscription as I get my FICO scores from various lenders. The conscierge app should only allow World and World Elite MCs to log in though. Also, before I switched my card to a DC, it was a Dividend, and the Dividend did say "World" on it. The card number did not change when I PC'd.

Yes, my VS and WEMC show correctly on CK, although I did yfan's test and I got in.   I think mine was a PC from a TYP World MC, for some reason I think the number changed but not sure.  But it makes sense in yfans case as the app is doing very little checking, just 6 digits of what was previously a World.   Have you tried getting service from them?

I get into the app with my DC regular MC giving the first 6 digits. So I don't think the app means (or proves) anything. 

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 93 of 95
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get into the app with my DC regular MC giving the first 6 digits. So I don't think the app means (or proves) anything. 

Anyone try to get in with other regular MasterCard?

Signature needs updating
Message 94 of 95
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Anyone try to get in with other regular MasterCard?

I just did, and I found something interesting. My QS Mastercard, which says "Platinum" on it (CL $11,500 and I can't for the love of everything holy get Capital One to PC it to a World) was able to log into the Concierge app just fine. But when I tried my Debit Mastercard (Capital One), it wouldn't let me in and showed me a message saying "This service is for World and World Elite Mastercard holders only."

So this has two possibilities: first, as long as it's a credit card, it allows you to log into the app, but not if it's debit. But that's confusing still, as there are such things as Debit World Mastercards. The other possibility is what lenders designate as "World" is different from what Mastercard's internal system judges as World (or rather, MC's internal system is more expansive than lenders issuing cards).

Message 95 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.