cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash WORLD MasterCard or Visa Signature ?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash WORLD MasterCard or Visa Signature ?

I just want mine to get here already. It's starting to upset me. lol

Message 31 of 95
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:
Sorry can't quite, on mobile.

It was a new app, no PC. My limit is only $1500 also, so maybe everyone is getting a World MasterCard version?

So it says "WORLD" above the MC logo even though your CL is under $5K, correct?

(Sorry I keep bugging you with these questions, it's just that I'm considering apping for this card only if it's a World MC)

Just out of interest, why does that matter to you?  You have other World MC, so I would think the value prop of the 2% either makes sense to you or not, whether or not you get a World version.

I dunno. Anal retentiveness, I guess. I want all my MCs to be World or above. If I perceive one of my cards as "inferior", I'll avoid using it. It happened with my Freedom, which is why I obsessed over upgrading it to Signature. If you can have a "superior" version of a product with more perks (even if most likely you'll never use them but still), why not go for it? That's how I look at it.

Message 32 of 95
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:
You are correct, it says World above MasterCard and my limit is only $1500.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Message 33 of 95
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

I dunno. Anal retentiveness, I guess. I want all my MCs to be World or above. If I perceive one of my cards as "inferior", I'll avoid using it. It happened with my Freedom, which is why I obsessed over upgrading it to Signature. If you can have a "superior" version of a product with more perks (even if most likely you'll never use them but still), why not go for it? That's how I look at it.

I understand that in the case you have card X and want a superior version of it (I don't do that, but see that people do!).  But here you are possibly passing up the benefits of the card because it may not be the superior version, even if, as you say, you may never use the superior features.   So if it was 10x on everything card, but only Platinum, would you apply!

Message 34 of 95
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

I understand that in the case you have card X and want a superior version of it (I don't do that, but see that people do!).  But here you are possibly passing up the benefits of the card because it may not be the superior version, even if, as you say, you may never use the superior features.   So if it was 10x on everything card, but only Platinum, would you apply!

Probably not.

Message 35 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

if its not that cool silver looking balls its going to be one ugly colorful card. You got green, blue, black, red, white, orange and silver.

Message 36 of 95
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

Probably not.

OK!  Then we have a different view of value!

Message 37 of 95
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@smode

It's the red / yellow, with the holographic earth underneath. Card is mostly matte finish also.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 38 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GetTheFico wrote:
@Anonymous

It's the red / yellow, with the holographic earth underneath. Card is mostly matte finish also.

cool

Message 39 of 95
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

Probably not.

OK!  Then we have a different view of value!

Don't get me wrong, I like rewards, but I'm not a big spender at all, so I don't stress out too much about it. Now, if I was doing the kind of MS you do, it would be a different story... 

Message 40 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.