cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash came and NOT World!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash came and NOT World!

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Citi reitereated that there are no Double Cash cards issued as Worlds.   So all of you that have received cards with "World" on, please scratch it off, or tell Citi that someone sent you fake cards!

LOL, I wrote back to the generic email I got yesterday, saying "Lets try this again... my question was not answered at all." 

This morning I received the EXACT SAME EMAIL...

it's not a big deal but it's stupid and stupid irritates me and i have a hard time not making it a big deal! but then that just makes me stupid so I am not calling, I deleted the email and I am done with it... I'm happy we were able to PC to it in one phone call after the original date stated and kept the 11.99% apr and have a $25k limit on a 2% cash back MC... and in the end the online handling of the account is 100% better than Fidelity Amex 1980's online system so this Citi card is our go to card and Fidelity Amex our 2nd in line for everything now when it's not on a store card or some category!

Hahaha, classic! And I agree, the FIA site is hopelessly outdated, it looks like it hasn't been updated since the Clinton administration.

received a 2nd email to call in.

I want to slap my mother these reps are so uninformed (its like, wait... I work at a bank that issues a credit card, what's a credit card?! I SWEAR!)

ah a supervisor! she is in Maryland and speaks english and understood what was going on... she quickly answered that new accounts can be issued with world mastercard although doesn't do anything accept no pre set spending and converted accounts like ours can not currently be issued world.

i gave my feedback that she was fantastic and resolved the issue in the 30 seconds that it should have been resolved in but I had to send 2 emails and make a phone call and ask to be transferred to supervisor to get away from a girl that didn't know what a credit card was to get to the united states and frankly citi is worse than capital one... GASP... i said if i ran citi and heard that we were doing worse than capital one at customer service I would cry!

I said im serious... you were great and don't understand why citi just doesn't make the switch back to make all customer service great and bring it to the states!

she was super!

Message 21 of 41
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Citi reitereated that there are no Double Cash cards issued as Worlds.   So all of you that have received cards with "World" on, please scratch it off, or tell Citi that someone sent you fake cards!

LOL, I wrote back to the generic email I got yesterday, saying "Lets try this again... my question was not answered at all." 

it's not a big deal but it's stupid and stupid irritates me and i have a hard time not making it a big deal! but then that just makes me stupid so I am not calling, I deleted the email and I am done with it... I'm happy we were able to PC to it in one phone call after the original date stated and kept the 11.99% apr and have a $25k limit on a 2% cash back MC... and in the end the online handling of the account is 100% better than Fidelity Amex 1980's online system so this Citi card is our go to card and Fidelity Amex our 2nd in line for everything now when it's not on a store card or some category!

Hahaha, classic! And I agree, the FIA site is hopelessly outdated, it looks like it hasn't been updated since the Clinton administration.

The FIA site was updated recently, at least for me.  Not a WHOLE lot better, but certainly into the early 21st century.   Do you still have the older one?

2014-09-16_14-04-44.png

Yes, the icon for an online payment is an envelope, but still, site looks ok to me

I agree.  Their website refresh from this past June was a real improvement.  The FIA web site now looks like a very close cousin of the BOA web site, which is nicely laid out and easy to use.  I actually find it less cluttered and more user friendly than the Citi web site, but it looks like I'll be using the Double Cash much more than Fidelity Amex.

Message 22 of 41
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

received a 2nd email to call in.

I want to slap my mother these reps are so uninformed (its like, wait... I work at a bank that issues a credit card, what's a credit card?! I SWEAR!)

ah a supervisor! she is in Maryland and speaks english and understood what was going on... she quickly answered that new accounts can be issued with world mastercard although doesn't do anything accept no pre set spending and converted accounts like ours can not currently be issued world.

i gave my feedback that she was fantastic and resolved the issue in the 30 seconds that it should have been resolved in but I had to send 2 emails and make a phone call and ask to be transferred to supervisor to get away from a girl that didn't know what a credit card was to get to the united states and frankly citi is worse than capital one... GASP... i said if i ran citi and heard that we were doing worse than capital one at customer service I would cry!

I said im serious... you were great and don't understand why citi just doesn't make the switch back to make all customer service great and bring it to the states!

she was super!

All so true.  Their customer service is really frustrating and inconsistent.  You can literally get three different answers to the same question depending on who you speak with.  I've had great luck though with the Stateside reps, but you have to get through a matrix of misinformation before you actually speak with someone who can give you the definitive right answer.  Until they streamline their customer service, they deserve their place near the bottom of the heap.

Message 23 of 41
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Ok, I have a citi double cash and mine says WORLD on the back above the MasterCard.  What does that actually mean?  What is the significance of a world card?  Thanks!

Message 24 of 41
Jlu
Established Contributor

@akula wrote:

Ok, I have a citi double cash and mine says WORLD on the back above the MasterCard.  What does that actually mean?  What is the significance of a world card?  Thanks!

Here, let me Google that for you...

http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world.html

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 25 of 41
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@akula wrote:

Here, let me Google that for you...

http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world.html

Thank you for the excellent customer service sir!

Message 26 of 41
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

i hate there Sm as well.. anything you have its always call in instead..( useless *****). Don't feel bad guys my double cash limit is 23k and its a regular mastercard lol...

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 27 of 41
taxi818
Super Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
Even the ones that are have "World" on them don't have NPSL, so in my eyes they're not really World MCs (mine included). Let's just call them "Mundo" MCs.

Maybe you feel special. Lol. 

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this thread says it all. My Citi Dividend American Express Card was p/c'd to a Citi DC and not as a World. Now I know that p/cs are regular MC. Remember as a general rule with Citi 5424 is their prefix for regular/classic/standard cards if it is a master card that starts with 5466-16 it will have a NPSL or 5524. Citi's Visa that start with prefix of 4147 will be a NPSL. Upgrades occasionally will challenge what I just mentioned. Now for those who have Citi Forward Visa Signature Cards the prefix is 4128 and has the Visa Signature benefits but no NPSL. For everyone's info, Citi has pretty much reserved the NPSL's to the upper tier cards that charge annual fees. This is part of their card updates. Two years ago they had about 24 card offerings and many with NPSLs. Today they have found ways to offer many of the upper tier benefits without offering NPSL. I suppose it is so they can reach the masses. Oh, I hope that was not politically incorrect? A little extra info: MasterCard is accepted in 215 countries, Visa in 210 countries with American Express 110 countries (source US Bank).

Message 29 of 41
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well this thread says it all. My Citi Dividend American Express Card was p/c'd to a Citi DC and not as a World. Now I know that p/cs are regular MC. Remember as a general rule with Citi 5424 is their prefix for regular/classic/standard cards if it is a master card that starts with 5466-16 it will have a NPSL or 5524. Citi's Visa that start with prefix of 4147 will be a NPSL. Upgrades occasionally will challenge what I just mentioned. Now for those who have Citi Forward Visa Signature Cards the prefix is 4128 and has the Visa Signature benefits but no NPSL. For everyone's info, Citi has pretty much reserved the NPSL's to the upper tier cards that charge annual fees. This is part of their card updates. Two years ago they had about 24 card offerings and many with NPSLs. Today they have found ways to offer many of the upper tier benefits without offering NPSL. I suppose it is so they can reach the masses. Oh, I hope that was not politically incorrect? A little extra info: MasterCard is accepted in 215 countries, Visa in 210 countries with American Express 110 countries (source US Bank).

So just for fun, I decided to google how many countries there are in the world. The answer? 196 countries. Either multiple sources on the Internet or US Bank is wrong. Smiley LOL logic

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.