Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash.... finally

tag
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Citi Double Cash.... finally

This past Sunday marked my one year anniversary with my AAdvantage card so I called Citi and was finally able to PC it to a double cash.  I'm pretty sure I caught it before the AF hit too, which is good.  I considered just opening a new Double Cash card but Citi's prequal only ever gave me a 22.99% APR and who knows what they limit would be.  I was able to carry over a 9.5K limit with the same APR of 15.24%.  Citi is far from my favorite but I feel like I have pretty good terms.  I did lose WMC benefits but I don't travel much anyway so I'm not terribly worried about that. 

Just thought I would share.  I'm excited to see the card.  It looks pretty nice in pictures, anyway.  Smiley Happy

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash.... finally

Congrats!

Need to update your siggy Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Love mine!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your card! 

DC, as a PC'd card, is great. Citi is really notorious for giving out low CLs for new DC cards. You made the right decision PCing it. The card does look great, but it's cheaply made, so it can have some pealing. 

Message 4 of 9
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Oh Lord, it took me a month to get that one right.  I'll see what I can do.  Smiley Happy  And thanks for the kind words.  I agree with everyone that PC'ing it was the right thing to do.  

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@axledobe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Oh Lord, it took me a month to get that one right.  I'll see what I can do.  Smiley Happy  And thanks for the kind words.  I agree with everyone that PC'ing it was the right thing to do.  

That's how mine started...good bye Dividend!

Message 6 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS & WELCOME to the Double Cash family!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 7 of 9
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

This past Sunday marked my one year anniversary with my AAdvantage card so I called Citi and was finally able to PC it to a double cash.  I'm pretty sure I caught it before the AF hit too, which is good.  I considered just opening a new Double Cash card but Citi's prequal only ever gave me a 22.99% APR and who knows what they limit would be.  I was able to carry over a 9.5K limit with the same APR of 15.24%.  Citi is far from my favorite but I feel like I have pretty good terms.  I did lose WMC benefits but I don't travel much anyway so I'm not terribly worried about that. 

Just thought I would share.  I'm excited to see the card.  It looks pretty nice in pictures, anyway.  Smiley Happy

My DC was a World when I PC'ed it from a Dividend. Just a thought.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I too PC'd my DP card to the DC card.  I just received the card today and it's a World card.  It is nice looking.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.