Citi Double Cash opinions?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash opinions?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the people posting bad review are those who revolve their balance and believe they're entitled to credit. If you PIF monthly then its a good general purpose card. I've had the DC for over a year now and it's my go to card for uncategorized spending. I've never had a problem with earning the 1% on spending or the 1% on the payments. Because its a 2% card, you might find the APR higher than you were expecting, I got 18% while the rest of my cards range from 12% to 15% but I don't about your situation. 

I don't revolve the balance or believe I'm 'entitled' to credit.

I give it a somewhat negative review because my experience with it has been:

1. low SL & no CLI's in over a year and a half

2. HP's when I requested CLI's

3. long wait for cash rewards

4. no balance transfer offers at all after first 30 days

Right, certainly a lot of people who apped when it was first available got much lower CLs than expected (based on their cards and CRs, not a sense of entitlement).   And there are alternatives which have pros and cons, but it's perfectly reasonable to be critical of this card as a responsible credit user

Thank you longtimelurker Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this card handing out decent Credit Limits now relative to other limits in the credit profile vs in the beginning? 

Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up upgrading my Platinum to Quicksliver. I will apply for the Citi DC next week.

I'm planning on using one card for bills and one for every day spending. Do you guys use a card for all your bills?

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my Freedom unlimited for 90% of bills I can pay with a card.
Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I ended up upgrading my Platinum to Quicksliver. I will apply for the Citi DC next week.

I'm planning on using one card for bills and one for every day spending. Do you guys use a card for all your bills?

I switched my auto insurance over. As my other bills come up, I'm gunna do the same. If I had a 0% purchase promo, I would have put the whole premium on the card and saved ~$50 over monthly payments. Need to renew the registration on my car and truck in about a week, that's going on DC and I'll PIF as soon as it clears. Just maxed my card out out on a round trip ticket to Hawaii. Can't wait for that charge to post, I don't like seeing my UTI that high.

That's the only thing that irks me about CCs. I hate waiting for the charges to post to my account. I just want to PIF NOW!!!

Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the Citi Prestige then PC it to double cash before the second AF is due/you made use of the your TY points, airline credits and global entry. 

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.